What's It All About

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Today You Are You ~ Dr Suess Words of Wisdom

Greetings my friends! Are you ready for our wonderful second challenge for Scrapbook Blessings which I am part of the Design Team and challenging you my friends to participate.

Now onto the next video challenge...Twisted Easel Card. Here's Marilyn's fun video and instructions to follow for the challenge:



For my card, I went with Bugaboo's Cat in the Hat digital design. Isn't he adorable??? 



Recipe:
  • Background piece is cut as follows: 4.25 x 9.75 inches and then scored at 5.5 inches which then is folded in half making a triangle. The paper is Recollections Christmas which I purchased after Christmas last year at Michaels for 84 cents!!! What a deal!!
  • a red scrap of Recollection card stock was then cut at 4.25 x 5.5 inches
  • digital design is by Bugaboo which is the sponsor for this challenge. I used Cat in the Hat Youer Than You. Image was colored using my Prisma Colored Pencils with gel pen highlights. I then fussy cut around the image to glue on the 4.25 x 5.5 inch red Recollection cardstock
  • ribbon is an Offray Dr. Suess which was wrapped on the card and then a bow added on top of the strip
  • sentiment for the card is from Create with TLC, " someone like you should be celebrated every day which was first chalked around the edges and then mounted on red cardstock. Puff dots were used to put on my card with Queen & Co. Pearls/Berry Red

This challenge our wonderful sponsor Bugaboo Stamps who is offering 7 digital stamps to a lucky winner. Of course there are some rules for the challenges to make them fair. Be sure, to take a moment or two to view and . . . ..  SEW, come on over and link up your cards and meet the challenge!!!!  

Thanks for visiting me today . . . much love, hugs, and friendship. Don't forget to leave me some bloggie love as I love to read your comments - is your comment the next one I read????? 

Lynne

6 comments:

  1. I would love to see the link to the video on how to create the twisted easel card - you mention it but I don't see the actual link. Hope you can add it. Nice card! I've only made one easel card and I'd love to try a twisted one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just added the video . .. sorry it hadn't posted previously. Thank you for leaving a comment and for complementing my card! Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful card! I love this style card. That cat in the hat is so cute. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great quote! I love this card. Hopefully I'll have time to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow this was really really fun!!! I loved watching the video. I had never made those... now I'm anxious to try. Love yours. Such a cute little image!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE that you used the ribbon:-) Wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness