What's It All About

Monday, March 9, 2015

Happy 35th Birthday Jen!!!!!

My little girl has turned 35 years of age today. I remember the day as if it were yesterday . . . . ah, yes, down memory lane: first off, she was due on February 29th and yes, it was a Leap Year and yes, she was late. I was throwing my sister's Sweet 16 Birthday party and guess what - my water broke and Beth's party was canceled due to me going into labor. But Jen still wasn't ready and wasn't born until 11:59 PM on a Sunday night and almost was born on the 10th!!!!!! Well, times passed and she turned into a beautiful woman whom I am very proud of and the mother of Lily and Adam. 

I chose to make her birthday card using Lacy Sunshine Camille Moppet as Jen had played violin in grade school and high school along with being part of All City Orchestra!!!! (ok, proud Mamma here!!!) And those of you who know my daughter, she was most definitely a "fashionista"!!!!!!




Recipe:
  • 5.5 inch square card using beige Recollection card stock with DCWV Linen and Lace for background
  • Camille Moppet was colored with Prisma Colored Pencils, fussy cut around the edges with gel pen accents
  • "music" with the violin was from Create with TLC and had been a previous freebie was chalked around the edges with the violin colored with Prisma Colored Pencils
  • blue Darice satin edged organza bow hot-glued onto front of card
  • blue rhinestones were added to the corners in various sizes - thank you Vicky Fortier for my birthday goodies!!!
  • sentiment, "Hope this birthday tops the charts!", had been a previous freebie from Create with TLC with an added sentiment from me which was chalked around the edges with added rhinestones 
    Happy Birthday Jen!!!!! 

    Here's a picture of Jen, Lily, and I that was taken just this past Christmas 


    I appreciate and love reading your comments . . is your comment the next one I read??? 

    Much love, hugs, and friendship
    Lynne 

    this was entered in the following challenges:

    6 comments:

    1. Lovely card.
      Thanks for playing with us at Inspiration Destination.
      Hope we see you again in a next challenge.
      xxx Michelle (DT)

      ReplyDelete
    2. What a wonderful card. I bet she loves it! Thanks for sharing this with us at Through The Craft Room Door. Please come play along with us again!
      Cara

      ReplyDelete
    3. What a sweet card.Thank you for participating in our challengeThrough the Craft Room Door/ Anything Goes and I hope you will return to the next challenge// Zora Dt for TTCRD

      ReplyDelete
    4. Such a lovely card for your daughter.Love all the elements to carry the music theme throughout.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
      Lisa x

      ReplyDelete
    5. What a fab card ,love the pretty image and I am sure your daughter loved the card
      Thanks for joining us at CrafDeeBowZ and good luck
      Tracey x

      ReplyDelete
    6. This is such an absolutely amazing card and equally amazing was your heartfelt write-up. I couldn't help but smile as I walked with you down "memory lane." I think it's neat that even crafty strangers can feel immediately connected to each other when we start talking about moms and daughters and our bonds! What a great story! I also really like this card. It has so many lovely elements with a gorgeous color palette. Best of all, you made it totally personalized and I always love cards that are personalized. Thanks so much for the wonderful post and for sharing your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

      ReplyDelete

    I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
    Lynne
    aka Her Craftiness