What's It All About

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Woo Hoo!!!!! I'm a Guest Designer!!!

Woo Hoo!!!!!!! WOW!!! I made it to the big time! I'm thrilled, amazed and honored -- thank you Kari for the opportunity to do my very first Guest Designer stint on your blog, PurpleFuntastick Creations (http://purplefuntastickcreations.blogspot.com/). Kari is a great friend of mine and while she is on the mend I was asked to be a Guest Designer to fill in for Friday but I was just too excited to wait! Also, please check out and follow Kari as she is a funtastic creator and designer!!!


This project is an "Exploding Box" which was made for my step-son Jerry Jr. and his lovely bride with help for Ashliana and Kasha, Julie's two (2) daughters, for their wedding in February of this year. An exploding box actually opens to what you see when the lid is removed with possible additional layers which would make a great photo album or as I had done to hold gift cards. I love making these boxes as I have made them for Thanksgiving and Christmas also! We used Make the Cut as there is a project there for Exploding Boxes which was cut at extra large. We also cut additional squares for stability for the inside at 4 x 4 inches. The cuts are from Tie the Knot and Wedding. I used Make the Cut again for the lettering for Julie and Jerry and just love combining the "J" for both names into one! The paper is La Creme Stack and the beautiful turquoise was from Suits Me to a T which actually does suit me to a "T" as it has some wonderful graphics of butterflies and funky designs! If you would like to have the pattern for the exploding box, I am more than happy to share. The box is actually a full 12 x 12 piece of paper with marking every four inches on all sides.


Thanks again Kari for this opportunity -- prayers, gentle hugs, and good wishes to a full and speedy recovery!


Hugs and love,
Lynne

1 comment:

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness