What's It All About

Thursday, February 16, 2012

We're Off to See the Wizard

We're Off to See the Wizard the wonderful Wizard of Oz to hopefully get the Tin Man a heart, the Lion courage, and the Scarecrow a brain! But there's the poppy fields to beware of as you could get very sleepy! The Wicked Witch but we know she's afraid of water. The flying monkeys . . . just totally freaky looking!!!! You're probably still dizzy from the spinning whirling twirling house and watching all those things passing by like a nightmare expecially that Miss Gulch on her bicycle! Poor Toto hiding in the basket, but can you blame him? Don't pay any attention to the man behind the curtain as he knows not what he speaks! And then there are the delightful munchkins that sing 3 octives highly than humanly possible. I almost forgot the good witch Glinda - how could I forget her --- she was just too sugary sweet to my standards but as a Good Witch goes, she was the best, but why didn't she just tell Dorothy she had the power to return all along and wait until the end - geesh!And then only bad witches are ugly --- come on now! Its the Merry Old Land of Oz! I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore Toto. . . .

We're paying homage to the Wizard of Oz today with our blog hop! So, grab your beverage of choice and those ruby red slippers of yours, click them twice and repeat after me - "there's no place like home, there's no place like home"!

We have a generous sponsor of Creative Kuts of http://creativekuts.com/ who is offering two (2) $10 Gift Certificates to two (2) lucky winners - winners will be selected by Random draw BUT you must leave comments on all the blogs today along with leaving a comment that you are visiting from We're Off to See the Wizard on their blog page, http://creativekuts.blogspot.com/, and/or like their facebook page, http://www.facebook.com/pages/Creative-Kuts/130937843644274

Also Paper House Productions 7 - piece paper assortment of 12 x 12 pieces of paper which was purchased at Pat Catan's


I’m the first stop for you on our yellow brick road but if you happened to drop in to visit today, we don't want you to miss a single story of the travels of our "characters" from start to finish.

Our complete line-up along the yellow brick road is


For my project, I would love to share with you a quilt that I had made for a quilt challenge. You were given a piece of fabric and asked to design a quilt around that that portrayed a song from a musical. Thus, was the birth of  “We’re Off to See the Wizard” with the witch, my self-portrait, gazing in her crystal ball with Dorothy, Scarecrow, Tin Man, and the Cowardly Lion following the Yellow Brick Road.




I do have one other item for show’n tell time --- Tami had made me this wonderful journal and I just have to show it off. Tami is part of the hop, make sure you give extra bloggie love not only for her project but for my wonderful gift!!!!


As every good story, it has a beginning and a happily ever after - Dorothy went home and all was well with the world and Dorothy told Auntie Em - there's no place like home!!!!!! AWWWW how sweet! Hope you enjoyed my project and I must send you along your way to Kari and a place somewhere beyond the rainbow -

God Bless and Thank you for stopping by
Hugs, Love, and Pixie Dust
Lynne

P.S. no flying monkeys were harmed during the making of this hop! 

27 comments:

  1. So dang awesome! I love it! TFS CallyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is really wonderful love it big ozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz from me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Quilt is so Awesome. I Love the Wizard of Oz. I had to laugh about No Monkeys were harmed. :0)
    Thanks for Sharing! I'm already a Follower.
    cindymarshall63 at hotmail dot com
    cindys-greencricut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys give me so much inspiration! THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome Quilt and so much detail!! TFS!! I have followed most of the gal's that are in this hop and love them all!!

    http://ibecircled.blogspot.com
    ilovetonkinese2 at hotmail dot com
    Rexann♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynne your quilt is awesome so much detail in the globe! WOW Thanks Hosting the hop It was great fun as usual! Tami's book is wonderful as well.
    Big Blog Hugs Janet

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, detailed quilt!! Your "self portrait"? tee heee - that is funny and not at all true, I am sure! I am a follower...
    jejaeb at cfl dot rr dot com
    scrappinana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, your quilt is wonderful.
    Here from 'We're Off to See the Wizard, I am
    Rae Ann O.
    http://joyinart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous quilt!! My mom quilts so I know it is truly an act of love... :) Tami's album is beautiful too -- How lucky you are!! :)

    Thanks for hosting the hop!!
    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! What detail on the quilt. I'm Shelly Lynn's blogmate over at KC Croppers. I love the theme for this hop!

    kittycropper@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. We're off to see the Wizzard!
    Love the crystal ball.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG!!! How did I miss this BLOG HOP...The Wizard of Oz is my favorite movie of all time. I have quite a collection of Oz items and your quilt is a unique masterpiece...love it!!!

    BTW...We're Off to See the Wizard!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOve the wizard of oz. Have been watching it since I was very young.
    Your peocject turned out spectacular. The album is very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm always amazed at quilts, I don't have the patience for that kind of detail. Great work!
    The Emerald city book is really pretty, very nice gift

    ReplyDelete
  17. If this is the 1st stop, I can only imagine what's coming up!! WOW, your quilt is awesome ...so much detailed work! Your WOZ story line and music is terrific, thanks for putting us in the "zone",
    Creative Wishes,
    Claire
    www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome quilt Lynne... wow girl... you have been BUSY!! And Tami's journal is lovely as well! I so love the Graphic 45 Wizard of Oz line of paper!

    ReplyDelete
  19. lol... I also love your PS at the bottom of your post about no monkeys being harmed... cute!! I always HATED those monkeys... they gave me nightmares as a child. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your quilt is gorgeous. Love it. Great journal too. Thanks for sharing them.
    cstephenson at q dot com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lynne, I absolutely love your quilt!!! I also quilt, well I haven't for about a year, hmm blogging seemed to geo in the way LOL. I was looking at the pictures closing and was tryihat to tell what type of fabric you used. Some of the colors look batik. I love doing applique, but I only machine quilt. I just feel I don't have the extra time right now to give HQ the time justice it needs. I love the whole picture that you captured. It is one remarkable job! Love the out stretched fingers and the fact that you put the shinning plastic over it to make it look like a crystal ball! You are so talented! I hope you entered this into the state fair, I would think it would be worth best of show ribbon!! It's just too bad that we don't live closer to each other, like next door! LOL tfs Tami
    many bloggy hugs oh and PS thanks for the kudos on the journal. I am glad that it went to someone who loves WOO as much as me!
    Tambos Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such an amazing job on the quilt. You are obviously talented in the quilting category, Now I am off to see the wizard.
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your quilt. I totally can't believe it is a quilt. So amazing. Can't wait to see all the Wizard of Oz projects. Your gift book is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Soooo cute! I love that yall are doing Wizard of Oz! The dance studio I work for is doing Wizard of Oz for our production recital this year, talk about perfect timing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a wonderful quilt! Beautiful journal as well from Tami :) TFS both, very inspiring indeed! Hugs and thanks also for the entire blog line up--very helpful for me! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness