What's It All About

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Guest Designer Wednesday - Janet Smith

I have the most wonderous Guest Designer here today – Janet of http://www.ladyluvbug.blogspot.com/. She has made this most fabulous card and you will need to go and give her some bloggie love and find out just how she made this phenomenal card. Again, I can only say that I have the most wonderful group of talented friends and for this I am thankful!!!

Now, let me show off this beautious card!!!!




My Guest Designer Project is a card I created for my Dear Sweet Daughter's 30 something Birthday.

I can't take credit for the idea though. I got it from a sweet Blogger friend Laurie (one of my first and the ones who inspired me to get into the blog world) at http://serenityscrappers.blogspot.com/2012/01/fun-birthday-card.html

My daughter is a shoe freak she has so many she needs a closet for her shoes alone ( I exaggerate a little LOL) so I decided to use that as the image on her card.

The base is a standard 4.25 x 5.5 white card.
The next layer is black  Recollection card stock at 4 x 5.25
On top of that I put a piece of black and White patterned paper  3.75 x 5 from atd called "heart flourish" Love this paper. 

The Shoe was cut on my E2 cricut at 3.5 inches the image is from one of the cartridges loaded on the E2 I used all 4 layers black for the shadow silver for the full shoe pink glitter paper for the next layer and the red on the top layer.

A piece of white ribbon that I hand folded and glued at the bottom with a few silver beads. The Birthday sentiment is from "My Creative Time" along with the mat shape.

Inside I used a couple stamps:  the daughter is from my vast collection of un-named acrylic stamps the sentiment is from K Andrews Design Stamps "Fashionable Friends" I decorated the inside to coordinate with the outside. I love how this looks and so did she!! 

Thank you Lynne for giving me a chance to showcase one of my favorite cards . Hope you all enjoy my card.


Thank you Janet for being my Guest Designer and  I'm loving this card and your daughter is very very lucky to receive this card made with such love!!!

Again, thank you Janet for being my Guest Designer today and be sure to give some bloggie love and express my thanks to Janet....

God Bless and thank you my bloggie family!
Hugs, Love, and Pixie Dust
Lynne

5 comments:

  1. This is beautiful work. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great card! Love the ribbon. I like it is half ruffled and half flat. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness