What's It All About

Saturday, June 9, 2012

June Calendar Girls Blog Hop







Welcome to our June Calendar Girls' Blog Hop. Papercrafts Presents 365 Cards magazine which is our inspiration for these monthly hops which thus became the Calendar Girls. The magazine has Creative Ideas for every day of the year: occasions, holidays, and celebrations including 42 unique holidays!!! These unique holidays are our inspiration. The June unique holidays are:

June Blog Date: June 9, 2012
June is Adopt a Cat Month:  Laura 
June is National Fruit and Vegetable Month:  Angie 
June 3: National Repeat Day:  Lynne
June 4th: Hug Your Cat Day:   Pamela 
June 4th: Old Maid's Day:  Laura
June 6: Yo-Yo Day:  Miriam Meserve
June 7th: National Chocolate Ice Cream Day:  Pamela
June 8: Best Friend Day:  Edwina 
June 13th: National Sewing Machine Day:  Lynne 
June 14: Flag Day:  Kimberly 
June 17: Father's Day:  Lisa 
June 20: First Day of Summer:   Kimberly 
June 20th: Ice Cream Soda Day:  Janet 
June 23: National Pink Day:  Laura
June 28th: Paul Bunyon Day:  Anita  
June 29: Camera Day:  Angie

The hop starts with Laura (http://lauraleesdream.blogsot.com/). You won't want to miss a single calendar event not to mention the weddings, graduations, birthdays -- ok, you get the idea!!!! 

The line-up for May includes:

Angie: http://atuttletime.blogspot.com/  you came from
Lynne: http://slasewcraftiness.blogspot.com/  you are here

If you have arrived from Angie's blog, then you are on the right spot on the "calendar", 

Your next stop along the way is Pamela

Stop by and check out these holidays as I am sure you are going to want to remember these holidays and include them in your card making projects!!!!!

We will have blog candy to the lucky recipient that remarks on each site along the way from Lynne's stash (Her Craftiness)!

Have I mentioned that June 3rd is National Repeat Day
Have I mentioned that June 3rd is National Repeat Day
Have I mentioned that June 3rd is National Repeat Day

Ok, I'm being silly, but June 3rd is National Repeat Day and for the commemoration, I have made a "Thank you" card that let's say "thank you  just keeps repeating itself. 

RECIPE:
"Thank you"  embossing folder for the Cuttlebug
Bling
Scraps
Rainbow ribbon from my scrap bin . . .


Since my first love is sewing - National Sewing Machine Day was purrfect for me as I'm an old sew-n-sew!!!!!

RECIPE:
  • Sewing machine was cut at 4-inches from Country Life Cricut Cartridge
  • Background paper is from DCWV Crafter's Stack cut at 6-inches 
  • Tape measure at the bottom is a Hero stamp and colored with my Prism colored pencils
  • Mat is cut from ivory cardstock using Elegant Edges cut at 5-1/2 inches
  • Spool buttons are from my stash
  • Tape Measure ribbon is from Jo-Ann Fabrics and Crafts
  • Black pearls are used for the nobs on the drawers of the sewing machine cabinet
  • All the pieces were cut from scraps




Thanks for stopping by and mark your calendar again next month to see what Holidays to Celebrate on July 14th for the next Calendar Girls Blog Hop!

God Bless and thank you for stopping by
Hugs, Love, and Pixie Dust
Lynne

7 comments:

  1. love the cards.... the sewing machine is amazing..
    hugs..Laura D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards! I love the sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That ribbon you used on the Thank You card is beautiful. I love the embossing. And that sewing machine is just sweet with the buttons embellishments. Awesome! That's a great card for an antique lover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynne, I love both of your cards. I especially like the sewing machine card. It is sew special. It is beautiful! The Thank you card is very pretty. Whoever gets it will love it. Thanks for sharing. Your Friend, Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your sewing machine card!! I want some of that ribbon!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are great but the Sewing Machine one is a show stopper I just love how it turned out I love all the dementionality!! The ribbon is too adorable!!
    Big Blog Hugs, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards!! LOVE the sewing machine!!

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness