What's It All About

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Don't Be Late . . .

Don't be late --- for a very important date!!!


On January 28th, I'm gonna be the big 6-0 and having a blog hop entitled Lynne's Mad Hatter 60th Birthday Tea Party Blog Hop .... can you guess the theme???? It's Alice in Wonderland of course. Well, being who I am I wanted something special for my blog button and just couldn't find what I wanted! At this point in time, I got out the ole Cricut and played and came up with this for my button!!!


Now, ok, I know this Cricut cartridge has nothing to do with Alice, the rabbit or the Mad Hatter but just look at it and you know . . .


I actually designed my own paper. When I was recovering from my back surgery and just literally laid up (down), I drew, colored, drew some more and colored more and made the paper which I had my daughter, Cissy, print some copies of this! I used the Celebrate with Flourish Cricut cartridge and cut the image of the New Year's Hat with clock 4 times to get the look that I wanted. Note to self: memo to Cricut, come on really, break these designs a bit that I can get the look that I want instead of wasting paper and cutting and trimming to get the effect that I want!!!!!







This was cut at 6.75 inches and then I took a picture of this!!! I accented with Stickles and the one pair of hands are attached with a black brad. Ribbon and ric rac where attached for the hat band and also glamorized with Stickles!!


Now, don't be late for my birthday party on January 28 and 29 --- no presents required, just your tea cup, a pair of gloves and of course your presence!!!!


God Bless everyone in this New Year!!!
Hugs, Love, and Pixie Dust!!!
Lynne

3 comments:

  1. Wow, love it!!! I'm going to have to try to design some paper one of these days!!!

    Looks fab!!!

    Happy New Year, my friend! Hope you had a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be there with bells on my friend! I just LOVE the paper!!!!!!

    Happy Scrappin'

    Sue B

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness