What's It All About

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Blog Challenge #54 - As always, Anything Goes BUT this week with an optional twist:

This week at Suzy Bee's Blooming Challenge Blog our wonderful sponsor is Bugaboo Digital Stamps!!!! Of course it's Anything Goes but this week with an optional twist - Card for a Male!!! Ok, this may be stretching it a bit but what little guy wouldn't love the Cat in the Hat!!


For my Design Team project, I chose Bugaboo Digital Stamps Cat in the Hat Youer than You which I thought would make a great birthday card for one of my grandsons!!!!

now, I must confess, that was my original card and then my creative juices started to flow and I thought Goldie in her fish bowl not only on a wobble but a shaker element - I've lost my mind but I really like how it turned out and hope you do also!!!



RECIPE and SUPPLIES:

  • this is an adorable card idea which I found on Splitcoasters - a pop-up book card!!! Now how purrfect is the Cat in the Hat for this style of card???
  • red Recollection card stock was cut 8.5 x 5.5 inches for a size A2 card and scored at 4.25 inches
  • patterned cardstock is cut 8.5 x 5.375 inches is from DCWV Animal Crackers 
  • cut a line 1-inch from top and bottom from 1 to 7.5 inches
  • score on top and bottom strips for valley folds at 2.75 inches and 5.75 inches
  • score mountain folds at 4.25 inches on top and bottom strips
  • score middle section for valley folds at 1, 4.25, and 7.5 inches
  • score middle section for mountain folds at 1.75 inches and 6.75 inches
  • I have included the video tutorial from Splitcoasters for you to follow and make a pop-up book card also!

  • Cat in the Hat was colored with  Spectrum Noir Markers, Prisma Colored Pencils with gel pen accents and chalked around the edges 
  • front background is DCWV Animal Crackers was cut 4 x 5.25 inches
  • Treasure Box Designs Cat and Friends were cut using scraps with fish bowl added to the front with a wobble and made into a shaker element no less! The Cat in the Hat was mounted on the inside book with puff dots to give that added element!
  • sentiment, "Wishing you gifts and giggles", was a previous freebie from Create with TLC  which has rounded corners and chalked around the edges and mounted on scraps from the front cardstock 


  • Goldie's fishing bowl is on a mini wobble that was custome made to fit the size and then I went overboard as I thought how to make a mini shaker element as my fish bowl with tiny pearls from Miriam's Crafting Supplies


I thank you for stopping by and visiting today. Don't forget to showcase your project on Susy Bee's Bloomin' Challenge Blog this week to enter in the Challenge!!! It's anything goes with no size restrictions with the only restriction of that being your imagination . . . . let your imagination run wild!!!! I can't wait to see your creations!

I appreciate and love reading your comments . . is your comment the next one I read??? 

Much love, hugs, and friendship

6 comments:

  1. What an adorable card! Perfect color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finished card cute as ever! Love the simple pop-up inside - will have to remember that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this is super creative!!!! Totally love how you went overboard :) Love the fold in the card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards. Thank you very much for you comments on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great fold and such a super cute colors and images. Thanks for sharing your fabulous card and joining us for our current challenge at Inspiration Destination. Hope to see you again and good luck!
    Ema
    IDCB Owner

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this card great tutorial thanks for joining us at sisteract this week and good luck in the draw
    hugs Tonnie DT

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness