What's It All About

Monday, August 4, 2014

Dollar Tree Flip Flops, Scrap Fabric, 15 Minutes and a Glue Gun!

I saw this pin and just knew I had to try and make a pair. I'm a flip flop kinda gal and thrilled to pieces when summer comes and out comes my flippy flops!!!



RECIPE:
  • pair of Dollar Tree Flip Flops or pair that has broken and the bottom is still good
  • cut the plastic from the back off 
  • cut 2 - 24 x 4 inch strips of fabric and press raw edges in on either side (pressing is optional
  • thread through the top hole first to make your loop 

  • tie to the back and push the knot as far in as possible 

  • push piece through the one side hole through the center hole and back through the other side hole 

  • adjust for comfort and fit on your foot and tie on the bottom again, pushing the knots as far through the hole as possible 

  • trim close to the edges and hot glue to secure in place
  • viola, a new fashion statement in 15 minutes or less!!!!!!


I can't wait to see your flip flop creations!!!!

Thank you for stopping by and visiting today. I appreciate and love reading your comments . . is your comment the next one I read??? 

Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne 

1 comment:

  1. Lynne - FABULOUS!! What a clever and simple way to change out and customize flip flops... and it makes them so much more comfortable on your toes, too! This would certainly make me want to wear mine more... and have some others in fun colors. Thank you for applying to the Anything But a Card Challenges DT... GOOD LUCK :)

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness