What's It All About

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Once Upon a Time in the Middle of The Woods There Were 3 Bears AND a New Challenge at Create and Inspire

It's a new challenge at Create and Inspire - Are you ready to "create" with us??? This challenge has an optional twist - sombre and happy!!!! We have for the challenge this week fabulous sponsors: 

During my second marriage, we used to go camping at a local campground. There was an amazing couple that used to be there and I always enjoyed our campfires with them. They were called Mamma and Papa Bear (aka Bill and Shirley). One of the songs they had sung around the campfire was more of a rap or chant complete with hand signs - "Once upon a time in the middle of the woods there were 3 bears. One was the Papa bear (grrrr), one was the Mamma bear (squeal), and one was the baby bear (waaah). Along came the girl with the golden curl - she knocked on the door but no one was there. She walked on in because she didn't care!!!"


Thus came my cascade story card of the 3 Bears along with Goldilocks using Ikes Art Goldilocks and 3 Bears!!!!!














RECIPE and SUPPLIES:
  • background DCWV Old World Stack with DCWV The Heritage Stack for the other side following the tutorial at My Crafty Time
  • Goldilocks & 3 Bears was colored using Prisma Colored Pencils, Prisma Markers and gel pen accent
  • bears were cut using Cricut Heritage Stack varying the sizes -baby bear's bib was made using a circle punch and cutting a little bit away
  • baby bear's spoon was cut using Cricut From My Kitchen Cartridge 
"Papa bear said someone has been eating my porridge (grrrr), Mamma bear said someone has been eating my porridge(squeal), and baby bear said someone has been eating my porridge and they ate it all gone(waaah)."
  • rocking chair was cut using Cricut Kate's ABC's cartridge
"Papa bear said someone has been sitting in my chair (grrrr), Mamma bear said someone has been sitting in my chair (squeal), and baby bear said someone has been sitting in my chair and they broke it all up (waaah)."
  • bed was cut using Cricut Everyday Paper Dolls Cartridge with some gel pen accents and pillow made just cutting an oval
"Papa bear said someone has been sleeping in my bed (grrrr), Mamma bear said someone has been sleeping in my bed (squeal), and baby bear said someone has been sleeping in my bed and there she is! (waaah)"
  • Papa and Mamma Bear have tiny little bows using Darice 1/8-inch satin ribbon
  • "All you need is LOVE and a teddy bear" had been a previous freebie from Create with TLC  
  • bear on the bed, is a fabulous button from my stash 
"Just then Goldilocks woke up, jumped outta bed and ran out the door!!!!"

TIP: to remove shanks from buttons, toe nail clippers work wonderful - I had been using Bob's but decided I had better get my own before I broke his - SHHHHH don't tell him!

    Those campfire times with Shirley and Bill along with my daughter, Jen, and Bob (my 2nd husband not to be confused with who I am living with Bob) are wonderful memories and I thank you for allowing me to share them with you. 

    "Bye Bye said the Papa Bear (grrrr), Bye Bye said the Mamma Bear (squeal), and Bye Bye said the Baby Bear (waah) . . . And that's the story of the 3 Bears!"

    Now, it's your turn to create for the challenge - I can't wait to see your creative inspirations!!!!

    I thank you for stopping by and visiting today.  I appreciate and love reading your comments . . is your comment the next one I read??? If you have any questions or need to contact me, I can be reached at hercraftiness@gmail.com

    Much love, hugs, and friendship
    Lynne 


    this was entered in the following challenges:

    1 comment:

    1. How AWESOME !!! I love the shape of the card and the story is so brilliantly demonstrated with all your bears and their beds etc. and my Goldilocks. It's incredibly clever :-) Thank you for using one of my images :-D

      IKE xx

      My Challenge Blog
      My Shop
      My Blog
      FB Fan Page

      ReplyDelete

    I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
    Lynne
    aka Her Craftiness