What's It All About

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Bella Muerte - Polilla Celebration with Final Challenge at Anything But a Card

Can you believe it????? It's the last challenge - Challenge #50 - this month at Anything But a Card! The theme for the last challenge is Celebration and it's Week 4!!!!! I kept questioning my project and left it sit on the dining room table for almost a week before I finally decided it was finished and took my project's picture. 







For my project, I had an idea in my head and just wasn't sure but I'll let you be the judge!!!! I thought I would use my Embroidery Machine and stitch Urban Threads Bella Muerta Polilla (Night of the Dead Butterfly). With that being said - a beautiful butterfly with intricate "painted" stitches where stitched on tulle and water soluble web and a vase from the Dollar Tree and a candle . . .


RECIPE and SUPPLIES:
  • stitch butterfly on two (2) layers of shiny tulle and two (2) layers of water soluble web
  • dissolved web and fussy-cut around the edges
  • applied to clean vase from the Dollar Tree using Modge Podge and left dry overnight
  • peeled excess away from the vase
  • inserted a votive cup inside of vase with candle
and of course, you know, we just have to have Kool and the Gang sing-a-long  . . . 


I can't wait to see your project to enter the challenge. You have until September 6th and remember any project as long as it's not a card!!!

Thank you for stopping and visiting today and hope you come back again!!!


I appreciate and love reading your comments . . is your comment the next one I read??? If you have any questions or need to contact me, I can be reached at hercraftiness@gmail.com

Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne 

this card was entered in the following challenges:

1 comment:

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness