What's It All About

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Happy Birthday Bob -

Today is Bob's birthday - now who is Bob you may ask -- he's a very very sweet man who is my best friend, companion, and man I love!!!! 

It's hard to make a card for a man and thus I searched and searched until I found the purrfect images which of course are from Create with TLC!!!! 




RECIPE:
  • card was cut 4.25 x 11 inches using Kumari Embellish by Dena Designs, Inc. which of course was then scored at 5.5 inches and then folded in half and chalked around the edges
  • background paper was cut 5.25 x 3.75 inches using Prima Engraver paper pad with a dark green frame which was from my scraps
  • You're Not Old You're a Classic from Create with TLC was colored using Spectrum Noir and Prisma Markers with Prisma Colored Pencils and gel pens, and then chalked around the edges
  • sentiment, Birthday Treat Sentiment also from Create with TLC was mounted on the scraps from my Prima Engraver paper pad and chalked around the edges - now, I must tell you that I will be using this sentiment in my birthday cards a good bit as it is purrfect for both young and old!!
  • ribbon is Darice OHHH So Trendy Accents Brown Sage Plaid
Now, let the festivities begin but first, I need to go and bake the birthday boy his cake!!!!

I know I haven't been around or creating much this past month and I thank you for visiting me today. It's been a rough past two months both mentally and physically. I'm hoping and praying that things are on the upswing because I sew love to create and to read your comments. 

God Bless and thanks for stopping by today. I appreciate and love reading your comments . . is your comment the next one I read??? 

Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne 

this card has been entered in the following challenges: Less is More Lucky Dip Week Round and Round

 Addicted to Clean and Simple Challenge #35 Wheels

6 comments:

  1. Great card Lynne. I'm so glad you're getting your card making mojo back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your card. I have a hard time with cards for men but I really love this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely sentiment n layers :) thank you for sharing with ATCAS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card thanks for joining us over at Less is More hope you will join in again next time.
    xx Jan GDT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun vintage type card~ Thanks for joining in with ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This crd does have rather a lot of layers for us at Less is More, but it's a fab card and I'm sure your man will be thrilled with it!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness