Sasha made her First Communion in April but this Grammy was in the hospital with an exacerbation of my Myasthenia Gravis for a week - a lot of complications occurred along with a set-back but all is well at this time.
I'm not Catholic and had some problems trying to decide and make an appropriate card and this is what I came up with:
- card was cut 4.25 x 9 inches using purple Recollection card stock which was then folded in half using Martha Stewart Score Board (what would I ever do without that in my life???)
- background is a piece of lilac rose paper which was found in my stash and cut 4 x 5.25 inches
- cross is a wonderful stand-by which I got as a freebie from My Scrap Chick - it was cut in layers using various textured and designed white card stock and puff-dotted on the front of my card
- sentiment, God Bless Your First Communion was a freebie from Create with TLC which was chalked around the edges and mounted on scraps of white and silver print card stock
- white pearls were added to the front of the cross