What's It All About

Friday, June 8, 2012

Happy Father's Day


Father’s Day is getting closer. For me, Father’s Day is a day of remembrance as I lost my daddy last year. He was a great man that loved, God, his Country, and my mother!


what a great looking couple -- their wedding picture June 15, 1951



this picture was taken at my daughter's wedding November 17, 2007



Daddy and Me a long long time ago in a land far far away . . .




taken at an airshow in 2010 with the planes similar to what my dad had flown in


Creating cards that are masculine is something that I have always found difficult to make. I found the idea of a shirt card which I added a tie of a stripe cut on the diagonal and of course, the little buttons on the tip of the collar and a "diamond" stud as a tie tack. My daddy was super sharp dresser and liked his collars crisp with those little buttons . . .


Did  you notice, the pocket has a monogram on it!!!! 

Happy Father’s Day to all the great men in your life whether it be a dad, grandfather, husband, brother or that special man in your life!!

God Bless and thank you for stopping by
Hugs, Love, and Pixie Dust
Lynne

3 comments:

  1. awesome and how blessed you are my friend to have your Dad I lost mine almost 21 years ago....

    cathie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! I had seen these, but when thinking of what to make this didn't come to mind. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh what beautiful photos of your father (and you). Thank you for sharing a part of your life with us!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness