What's It All About

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Faith Song for His Glory - Ihr Kinderlein, Kommet

Hi Everyone, sew glad you stopped by today for Faith Song for His Glory with our favorite Christmas carol. I love to listen to music and Christmas songs and now they are on the radio in November right after Thanksgiving. I know a lot of you have your favorites that you love this special time of the year! We have to remember the true reason of Christmas as Jesus is the true reason we celebrate

Today there is a grand prize which is given by:


                     




my gift is for you to know HIM...so with that said please follow the rules and comment on my blog and I will draw the winner of hop by random.org...and please give all the talented designer on my hop some love and Christmas wishes would be nice! Some have e-mail notifications you can sign up for to keep up with their happenings of their blog and we would love to have you as followers too but not required. 

If you just happened upon my blog today, I wouldn't want you to miss a single song, sew please start with Kari and if you traveled to me in this sing-a-long from Carolyn, then you are in the right place! SEW . . . have fun hopping and getting in the mood for Christmas!

My song is a German song, "Ihr Kinderlein Kommet" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK6zlHG_NSA0), I had learned in a small Congregational Church with the majority members were of German descent. I had learned my hymns in German prior to learning them in English. The English version of this hymn is "Oh Come Little" Children"(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7Yds7yiiIE&feature=related). You have probably heard this song but never realized what it was.

I had made a pop-up card using a new paper that I had purchased at Michael's called Recollections, The Ballet which is featuring "The Nutcracker". I made the card using the English version. On the cover of the card are children which were cut from A Child's Year Cricut cartridge at 2.25 inches. The lettering is cut from the built-in cartridge from my E2 Alphabet. 



The card is cut at 7-inches with a 1-inch snip from either side at 3-inches. With this little slit, you need to fold it separately to make a little box in the inside. This little box is holding the stable upright when the card is open. The stable was cut from the Paper Doll Dress Cricut Cartridge. Paper at 3.5 inches and then inked with burgundy and black ink. Baby Jesus was cut from the Winter Frolic Cricut Cartridge. I got out my stickles and glittered glittered glittered the halo around Baby Jesus and the star which the Wisemen followed. 







Your next stop along your choral ways is Zenita for another wonderful project and song! 

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget the love and I wish you and yours a "Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year! " 

God Bless
Hugs and Love,
Lynne

15 comments:

  1. Lynne this is so sweet! TFS CallyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful precious card! going to listen to the song too! please..if you get e-mail option on your blog - let me know. I would love to follow you as you create.. (love getting the e-mails) new follower :) Doris
    parkernana5@cox.net
    http://mybugandmecreate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweet projects and I love your colors
    wishing you and yours a very blessed Christmas.
    TFS

    jashmore1944@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card and a pop up as well... fantastic! I have never heard that song... thanks for sharing the link with us... it's very beautiful. I love listening to children's choirs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, love the inside!
    Merry Christmas to you and your family!
    modjjjash at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. My dear friend, this is absolutely amazing and I love how you share with us from your childhood. You need to teach me to make a pop up card! So blessed to be in this hop with you!

    Happy Scrappin'

    Sue B
    http://susanascorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, Lynne!! I am of German descent, I should learn these songs..:)

    transport7800@aol.com
    http://mawmawsthoughts.blogspot.com/
    follower

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your Card, Lynne! The Paper is FANTASTIC! I need to get some too!! Thank you for sharing your Talent!! Glad to be in this hop with you!

    Many Blessings,
    Tina

    http://craftyandgreen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...what a wonderful card! great job as always and thanks for being in the hop with me! :)
    Kari

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great song!! Now your card is so cool...Love it! Have a merry Christmas! New Follower

    ReplyDelete
  11. TY for the hop today!! love the paper you used and the pop up! Just adorable!
    kacee

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card and great to read the story behind why you choose that carol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. what anadorable card... I wish you and yours a very Merry & Blessed Christmas...:) lindaplusthree at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome job Lynne!! Love the popup! Merry Christmas to all of you!
    Z
    http://www.scrappinwithz.blogspot.com
    scrappinwithz@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a blessing your card is . i truly love it.

    craftingwithblue@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness