What's It All About

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Thankful Hearts Blog Hop

Welcome to Thankful Hearts Blog Hop - if you're here for the Hopping through the Holidays, please click here, or please feel free to check out our projects for Thankful Hearts Blog Hop.

Thanksgiving is one of those holidays which always seems rushed! Rush to get the turkey and all of the fixin's. Rush to make out your Black Friday Shopping List and then rush everyone home to go do your shopping. Rush to have dinner done either before the football games or during halftime. Rush to visit family and friends. Rush to Eat and Eat and Eat! And when all is said and done and the rush is over - you might say "I'm grateful just to sit down and relax"!

Well, this year is different, it's time to sit back, take it easy without the rush. With Thanksgiving being one of our favorite holidays, it is a time to be thankful, reflectful, and to have a thankful heart. Sasha, Lynne's 6 year old granddaughter, has a heart shaped box which was conceived from a cartoon character that she watches,  Kai-lan. Kai-lan is a Chinese girl that wears a heart-shaped box around her neck and fills it with things that makes her heart happy.




We want to share "what makes our heart happy" and thankful through either cards and/or layouts. It is time to reflect and remember that the first Thanksgiving was celebrated to give thanks to God for a bountiful Harvest. Our Harvest is our lives. We are expressing our Thanks from our hearts to God and the people who have come into our lives whether they be family or friends.

We do have some blog candy to offer to help you finish your fall projects just in time to start your holiday projects which include self-stick gems, stick pin, Candi foam pads, and a Family Scrapbook Kit along with a paper mache heart to decorate to hold the things that make your heart happy! To be eligible for the blog candy, please leave a comment on each of the participants along with what you're thankful for or what makes your heart "happy". 


Here's the line-up in case you get lost along the way as I'm sure all the breadcrumbs are being used for "stuffing" . . .


  1. Lynne  - http://slasewcraftiness.blogspot.com/
  2. Susan  - http://susanascorner.blogspot.com/
  3. Amy - http://www.lovetocrop.com/
  4. Shawnee - http://www.blessedonthebrightside.com/
  5. Jearise - http://lorbysworld.blogspot.com
  6. Anita-  http://www.anitaandbugs.blogspot.com
  7. Kari - http://purplefuntastickcreations.blogspot.com/

I have made a heart similar to Kai-Lan to hold some of the things that makes my heart "happy". 


I covered a paper-mache heart with cardstock on the top and bottom sides. The side of the top, I covered with ribbon to coordinate with my heart. The sentiment on the top is cut at 1.75 from Thanksgiving Cricut cartridge. The little bling bling flowers were from a RAK from Janet Smith - thank you Janet, you're the best! Holes were drilled on the bottom of the heart to string ribbon through which was also in the RAK package from Janet.

Now, for the inside as to what makes my heart "happy", I thought I would use as the "literal" sense with silhouettes cut in coordinating colors. These were cut in various sizes ranging from 2 inches to 2.50 inches from A Child's Year Cricut cartridge and Heritage Cricut cartridge. 



Some of the things that make my heart "happy" is the Bible, nature, God's house, children, parents, schools, friends, and a roof-over-my head. 

Your next stop along the way is the amazing crafty talents of a dear friend, Susan

Thank you sew much for hopping along with us today! Have a very Blessed Thanksgiving with the things that make your heart happy!

God Bless,
Hugs and Love,
Lynne

23 comments:

  1. Hi Lynne!
    Thanks for sharing your heart box..It is so cute!!
    My sweet Grandchildren.(all 8 of them) Make my heart so happy and all my blog friends are awesome!! Happy Thanksgiving!

    http://ibecircled.blogspot.com
    ilovetonkinese2 at hotmail dot com
    Rexann♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your heart and all that goes in it.Great project.Thanks for letting me be in this hop.
    Hugs, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. awe, super cute Lynne!
    Eva :0)
    http://evasscrapsncards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute box and I like your cutouts associating what you are thankful for. Fun idea for a blog hop...:)

    transport7800@aol.com
    http://mawmawsthoughts.blogspot.com/
    follower

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your blog .. and the way u organise your hops
    hugs
    mallika

    ReplyDelete
  6. How adorable! I love your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very very cute...the things that make my heart happy..God, my husband, my 2 children, my 3 grandchildren,the rest of my family.. my 3 cats, 2 dogs and life.. i could go on and on with happy things and things i am grateful for...I am truly blessed... Happy Thanksgiving
    :) lindaplusthree at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable heart!! Great job!! Greetings from Swakopmund NAmibia AFRICA :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww how darling and cute! what a great gift idea and way to remember your "happy" thoughts and all...thanks for doing the hop with me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful little box with a secret/special surprise. Are you going to give this to your grand daughter when she gets older? I know this, along with the Christmas card, would make wonderful keepsakes. TFS. Hugs, Jearise

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your happy/Thankful box! This is a great ideal!I need to make myself one to put small notes in for each thing that makes me happy. I think it would surprise me at the end of a year.I love the flowers on the box. Thank you for sharing. Edwina Brown edwinabrown@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute!

    VinDeeLoo
    vndlewis at rocketmail dot com
    vindeeloosthisnthat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute box. Love the idea. I am thankful for my family and friends especially my mom and dad who are having some health issues

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your box. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I absolutely LOVE your box. You did a great job decorating it. Thanks for organizing an awesome blog hop! Great job. TFS!!! Scrappy hugs to you my friend.

    Christel
    http://onescrappinsista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the idea of the heart box with all the images of the things that make you happy. What a great box! I am thankful for my precious family! When I think of them I have such happy thoughts and memories.

    plese.cathy@yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  18. great idea!!! My kids watch this cartoon too- They would love to have something like this! TY for the inspiration!
    kacee

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so absolutely sweet :-) I love it!

    I am so Thankful for my family and friends they are the most important things in my life :-)

    -Samantha :-)
    SamanthaJDesigns @ hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's a wonderful little heart & project! I'm gonna hafta scraplift that~lol! This is a great hop as well! Following via GFC ! Thanx~prhmangel(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can't believe that when I commented yesterday, I 4got 2 tell what I'ml that happy/thankful 4~lol! I'm so very thankful that I have a wonderful husband whom is also my very best friend, 2 gorgeous, intelligent, sweet & caring little boys & 3 beautiful & playful kitty cats! I couldn't ask 4 more~we don't have alot of $ or material possessions, but we laugh & smile every single day;) Thank u 4 this hop~thanks 4 sharing all these wonderfully amazing projects & thanks 4 the inspiration! ~prhmangel(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness