What's It All About

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Susy B's Blooming Challenge Blog: Happy Birthday to You

The secret is outta the bag - I've been asked to be part of Suzy B's Blooming Challenge Blog where she has weekly challenges with wonderful prizes. This is my first post with her Design Team!!!! 

This week's sponsor is Stitchy Bear and I have used Stitchy Bear Birthday Word Art for my creation . . . 



RECIPE:
  • background of card was made using Cricut Life's a Party Cartridge which was inspired by Paper Pasttimes of a Scrapping Mimi: Just a Note for Mom. I must admit after looking at her card, the image on page 48 looks more like a baby grand piano than anything else I can think of - what do you think???
  • image was accented with red gel pen with an oval cut as it's mat which was placed on my "piano" with a wobble to make it look like it's actually playing or singing or . . . . ok, my imagination is in overdrive!!! 
  • keys for the piano were cut following Paper Pasttimes cutting instructions - white keys were cut 2 by 1.25 inches with the black keys cut 1.5 x 1.25 inches and then foam-taped onto the keyboard after I had chalked around the edges
  • border was cut using Cricut Elegant Edges Cartridge Border on page 29 along with its shadow and also foam-taped onto the keyboard after I had chalked around the edges
I thank you for stopping by and visiting today. Don't forget to showcase your project on Susy B's Blooming Challenge Blog this week to enter in the Challenge!!! It's anything goes with no size restrictions . . . . let your imagination run wild!!!!

Shhhhh . . . . can I tell you a secret but you promise not to tell - this was my first card actually but I had to do another - can you tell why???


I appreciate and love reading your comments . . is your comment the next one I read??? 

Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne 

2 comments:

  1. Your card is wonderful! I am so happy that my card was inspirational to you. That makes me happy! And congrats on the design team! Thanks for letting me know so I could come here and check out your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tammy, I'm sew glad you stopped by. I had to share that you were my inspiration. Thank you again!
      Lynne

      Delete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness