What's It All About

Monday, January 23, 2012

Birthday Card for 11-Year Old

Today I have a card that I made for an 11-year old girl birthday this week. I am sew outta the loop as to type of card, let along sentiment to put inside . . . Sew, I pulled out my trusty Cricut Rock Princess and made my card from there. Must confess that I started with the "hint" or suggestion in the front of the book but didn't think a skull with a bow on its head was appropriate - call me old or a fuddy duddy but . . . 

Recipe:
ü     Black cardstock cut at 6 x 6-inches
ü     Pink  paper cut at 5 x 5 – inches
ü     Black paper cut at 4 x 4 –inches
ü     Pink paper cut at 3 x 3 –inches
ü     3 ribbons from my stash with pink and black to coordinate
ü     High-top tennis shoe cut at 2.75-inches with grey as shadow, white as next layer, black as next layer and pink for the checkered part - sounds confusing but it all worked!!!!
ü     I had started to emboss with my Cuttlebug, but with all the layers, it only got embossed on the outer edge


The jury is still out for the sentiment on the inside but hoping for the best. My buddy, Michelle Ferris suggested "Put your high-tops on and jog into your teens" which is a great sentiment. Hope you enjoyed my card for today and I’m sew glad you stopped by!!!! Please leave a remark along with what you think would be a great sentiment!!!!!

God Bless you and thank you for following along with me!
Hugs, Love, and Pixie Dust
Lynne

4 comments:

  1. Hello Lynne. Love the colour combination on the is, and the embossing is just gorgeous and looks great with this design.
    Love Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Lynne, aren't "teens" (well alsmot) the hardest to please with cards? I think this works perfectly for an 11 year old as the colours are pretty but not too girly with the black accents running through. You could use something along the lines of..."put your best foot forward" in the verse...good luck with that...lol!
    Crafty hugs, Sheenagh x

    http://signaturecardsbysheenagh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. really pretty hun! lovely!
    You popped by the Addicted to stamps blog the other day and asked about the Butterfly eyes digi? The reason you couldnt find it, was because we couldnt find it, the listing had slipped, here's the link for it if your still interested, xx
    http://scrapbookstampsociety.com/auction_details.php?name=Digi-Stands-Heaher-Valentin-Butterfly-Fae-Fantaseyes&auction_id=101589

    Hope to see you around, and would love to see another version of what I did, xx

    Lou P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card Great color combo for a pre-teen My grandaughter would love this!! She' 8 going on 18 LOL. Sentiments I'm am not too good at!
    Big Blog Hugs Janet

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness