What's It All About

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Lynne's Mad Hatter 60th Birthday Tea Party Day 1

Welcome to Lynne's Mad Hatter 60th Birthday Tea Party Blog Hop --- don't be late for this very important date and just to be sure you're not late, we're serving tea for not one day but two!! Watch out for rabbit holes, and those drink me and eat me potions as you must do them in moderation. You'll never know what you will see beyond the looking glass --- sew, sit down a spell and enjoy the talented ladies as we hop along in Wonderland. Warning, watch out for the Queen of Hearts as she is losing in the game of croquet and its off with your heads!!!!!

Rather than cake, crumpets, tarts and cookies, we have blog candy and I mean some sweet treats that are being offered by our great sponsors:
ü     Pat Catan's has donated a $25 gift card for shopping at their store, if there isn't a Pat Catan's in your area, we can transfer that out for you 
ü     Karber Digital Images at http://www.karberdigital.com/ has offered 2 digital designs of the winner's choice
ü     Digi My World at http://digimyworld.com/shop/ has offered a $10 gift card 
ü     SVG Attic at http://www.svgattic.com/ has offered a $20 gift certificate
ü     PSA Stamps at www.psastamps.com.blogspot.com has offered a 1 stamper, 2 Peel & Stick packs of winner's choice. MSRP for each package is $55.
ü     Creative Kuts has offered a $20 Gift Certificate to http://creativekuts.com/
ü     Deborah Marie Foti of http://www.scrappingmamma.net/ will make one of her original birthday cards, Crafty Friends Sentiments Large Sheet by www.gettingcricky.com AND $10 Little Scraps of Heaven Designs Gift Certificate

To be eligible by posting you must comment and post on each stop of our tea party along the way --- now remember to hold your pinky out when drinking your tea --- will that be 1 lump or 2?

Now, with those sweet treats in mind --- be sure to comment as I love to give away goodies!!!!

I’m sew thrilled you stopped by my blog to just visit today to help me celebrate my 60th birthday!!!! I just had to have a huge celebration and what better way than to celebrate with my crafting bloggie friends!! I don't want you to miss a single thing along the way and you need to start at the beginning which is two hares by the Cheshire cat who is grinning at you and that darn caterpiller smoking her pipe right here at  http://slasewcraftiness.blogspot.com/!!!

Here’s the complete line-up to follow in case you fall down another nasty rabbit hole or stumble into the Mad Hatter – never know what she may have to say! 

My project today, I have made some characters, but then again, I'm a character!!! 


Recipe:
All papers were from my scraps
Mad Hatter and Cheshire Cat from SVG Cuts Alice's Cuddly Characters - brace yourself these are a free file!!!!
Alice from SVG Cuts Cuddly Storybook Friends SVG Collection





I drew their eyes on and accented with my Prisma colored pencils! The Mad Hatter got his hat band with scrap white paper. Now, you're probably wondering what I'm going to do with my characters - guess, you'll have to hop again tomorrow to see what the balance of my project is!!!!! 


Thank you for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed your tea and crumpets. Your next stop along the way is not Twiddledee and Twiddledum but Inga to see what she has in store for my birthday party!

Remember to stop by again tomorrow and check out all the tea parties!!! Its my party and I will celebrate!!!

Hugs, Love, Tea Cups and Crumpets
Lynne

34 comments:

  1. Just stopped in to wish you a very Happy Birthday! Love the SVG can't wait til tomorrow to see what you have planned. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to you!!!I love Alice and her friends! I especially like the Cheshire cat. He just makes you want to smile. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown edwina.brown@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Lynne! Your characters are so very adorable. I can't wait to see what you do with them!

    Barbara B.
    barbarab3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy, Happy, Happy birthday dear Lynne! What a grand hop to celebrate a grand birthday. Love your characters. Hugs from Jearise in Lorby's World.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute is that!!!! Great idea for a hop, I loved reading every word :) I cant wait to see what you do with your critters so I will def be back tomorrow :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY and may God bless you with many many more!
    Theresa
    scrappinginheels@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, Lynne. Love your paper piecings. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to you!!! Your characters are cute!!

    Tanya
    phenis2031 at yahoo dot com
    http://scrappylandusa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wishing you a VERY happy birthday my friend! What great blog candy you have to offer your visitors today.

    Oh how i love the three files you have created. Isn't it great that you can find these cool free files online. I love what you did with their eyes. The file does not really give them much for eyes, they all looked like they were sleeping.

    Great job and Thanks for the great blog hop and the great blog candy!

    Kimberly
    http://scrappingrookie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. happy big 60 Lynne.....
    Hope you are having a great party going on... Woot woot.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday! You did a fantastic job on these!
    janiceaeschliman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday ...again! I think you are going to set up a lovely tea party for all your charactors! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy bday to you! Love these characters and your idea for a fun 60th bday blog hop. It's my 45th bday so I'm enjoying this day over the air waves with you. :)
    TTFN from a follower. dpookybear at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute! Can't wait to see what you make. Happy Birthday!
    Jill
    http://craftwithanangel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello my dear friend! Happy Birthday! woohoooo! love your characters and they make me smile! :)
    Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday My Dear Friend! I love your characters you made! They are great!! Excited to celebrate with you again tomorrow with my post up as well!!

    Many Blessings,
    Tina
    http://craftyandgreen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well Your day has arrived and everyone is thrilled to be sharing it with you Happy Birthday sweet friend!
    Love yuor characters they are adorable can hardly wait for the next step!
    I'm late for an importent date must run to visit with our m=next nried
    Lots of love and big hugs to you
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday Lynne,
    I love the characters you made, they are so darling.
    Rachelle
    joyfulhrt at gmail dot com
    www.creationsbyrachelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great paper piecings. Happy Birthday Lynne.

    Smiles Sher
    ShersL84bed@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are so freakin cute! TFS CallyAnn Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are all wonderful! Thanks for sharing!
    Patti
    www.shortnscrappy.com
    phurlburt at shortnscrappy dot com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Birthday! Hope you have a wonderful day! I love the little Mad Hatter, Alice and The cat. They are super cute and i have this file as well.

    keaunalynn@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Wonderful project!!!!visit me on FB at http://www.facebook.com/C90designsGinaLong

    ReplyDelete
  23. Aren't they something! Fun!

    KristaInMN at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy birthday! These are cute! Alice in Wonderland is my favorite!

    xxsquigglesxx(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Is PSA a part of this hop? They are listed last for day 1, but I don;t see a post with your them?
    KristaInMN at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy birthday, your projects are so cute.
    Kathy
    Katsews at gmail dotcom

    ReplyDelete
  27. These are just TOO CUTE!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND MANY MORE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Alice & her friends are to cute.
    marg0006@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow these are so cute.
    jeria22@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. What cute idea's for your blog hop.
    Happy 60th birthday to you. Hope your day was grand.

    ReplyDelete
  31. You are AMAZING!!!!! These are just the cutest. Thank you for letting me share in this special day.

    Happy Scrappin'

    Sue B
    http://susanascorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. Lynne, These are all so cute. I love the faces. Each have a cute expression. Hoping you had a great Birthday! tfs Tami
    Tambos Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Those are so amazing! Happy Birthday

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness