"Parisian Daydream" Printed Journal Kit
600 Blog Follower Giveaway
Facebook Group- Join us for daily inspiration!
For my project today, I decided to create a sewing journal for a friend. I’m a seamstress from way back when and when I saw the dress form in this selection of papers, I knew right away what I wanted to do . . . . .
- Separated pieces of the journal
- Cut brown card stock sheets from Recollections into 7 x 11 pieces and scored at 5.5 inches and folded in half using Martha Stewart Scoring Board
- On the bottom edge, used my ATG gun and glued the bottom closed which will create a pocket
- Cut pieces and arranged on the brown cardstock with also incorporating Recollection Fashionably Chic for the background
- Made an accordion pleated piece 8 x 7 inches with scoring at every ¾ inches to insert pages open side in to create the pocket
- Pages are inserted in every other fold with when page is open using ATG gun a piece of 1-1/2 inch of pink recollection paper for the inside binding
- Using ribbon from discount bin at JoAnn Fabrics and Crafts on the outer edges cutting 3 pieces at 3 - inches and gluing to front and back of spine to create spine jacket
- Same ribbon was also used to then cover the front and rear spine along with the 3.5 inch ribbon pieces
- Tim Holtz embossing folders Sewing and Measuring Tape Set for Sizzix and Alterations Pattern and Stitches Set for Sizzix were used to create embellishments which were then also inked
- Hero Stamps Sew Stylish, Tim Holtz and Close to My Heart Tailor Made and Simple Stitches stamps were used to create embellishments
- Recollections Floral Embellishments were added
- all edges were inked with Tim Holtz Distress inks