What's It All About

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Whoo, Whoo it's Owl-o-ween

Halloween has always been a favorite of mine - I love to decorate and dress up. When Jen was little, I would make costumes for her, her step-father and myself and we would have old-fashioned Halloween parties with bobbing for apples, tieing donuts on a string and just plain fun with her friends! Those are some wonderful memories I have stored in the back drops of my mind . . . do you have any such memories????

For my card today, I choice an oldie but goodie Create with TLC Owl Sat Watching Printable. I love the sentiment on this and just had to showcase it into a card to share with you today!!!!



Recipe;
  • card was cut 6 x 12 inches and then folded in half using DCWV Harvest Gathering
  • background was cut using DCWV Spooky Paper Stack which I just loved this piece with it being a plaid with an old-fashioned flair
  • sentiment, "An owl sat watching in a tree, Just as wise as he could be, Watching tricksters from door to door run, Trick or Treating and having fun. After watching the entire scene, He said, "Whoo, Woo it's Owl-o-ween" which I chalked around the edges
  • Darice 1/4-inch purple satin ribbon runs along the right side of the card with orange pearls from Miriam's Crafting Supplies centered on the ribbon which also has a bow on the top of the card
  • the cute little owl on the orange Recollection Cardstock was made and then fussy cut using one of my Cuttlebug embossing folders

God Bless and Thanks for stopping by today. I appreciate and love reading your comments . . is your comment the next one I read???

Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne

I have entered this card in the following challenges: 
6th Lady Anne Challenge Must Have Wings
Created with Love Challenges CWLC 60 Halloween

4 comments:

  1. Love the sentiment. Great Halloween Card. Thanks for joining our Halloween Challenge at Created With Love Challenges

    ~~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card. Love the owls!! Thanks for joining us at Created with Love Challenges.
    Linda K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card! Love the sentiment! Happy Owl-ween!! Thanks for joining us this week at Created With Love Challenges for our HALLOWEEN Challenge!
    DawnD

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness