What's It All About

Monday, December 15, 2014

It's the Most Wonderful Smell of the Year!!!!

Christmas has the most wonderful smell and our house is no exception!!!! I've been a baking fool this past week and have baked almost 500 cookies!!!!!! Christmas funds are minimal this year and everyone is getting homemade cookies. Reminds me of a simpler time when gifts were made for family and friends.

I was asked to be the Guest Designer this month at My Whimsical Little World and I get to share with 4 new releases with this being the third of the 4th which is a wonderful gingerbread house!!!!






Supplies:

  • Gingerbread House digital file from My Whimsical Little World
  • gingerbread ribbon
  • DCWV Mrs. Claus' kitchen background
  • Recollection green cardstock for base of card
  • Jennifer Elloy Gingerbread Lane Dimensional Stickers
  • Stickles

Recipe and Directions for a Joy Fold Card:
  • one (1) sheet 8-1/2 x 11 sheet cardstock cut 4.25 x 7.25 inches and another cut at 3 x 6 inches
  • score at 4.25 inches on the 4.25 x 7.25 inch piece of cardstock
  • score at 3 inches on the 3 x 6 inch piece of cardstock
  • cut background 4 x 7 inches for the 4.25 x 7.25 inch piece of cardstock and another piece 4 x 2 inches
  • cut 2 backgrounds 2.75 x 2.75 inches for the 3 x 6 inch piece of cardstock
  • adhere background to 4.25 x 7.25 inch cardstock and refold
  • wrap ribbon and attach to back of 4 x 2 inch background and attach to lower front of card
  • adhere 3 x 3 pieces to the front and inside of 3 x 6 piece folded cardstock
  • Gingerbread House was colored with Whisper Strokes Markers with gel pen accents
  • Stickles for the glittery frosting
  • gingerbread ribbon tied in a bow with dimensional sticker for center
  • sentiment from dimensional sticker package

My parents made along with decorated a gingerbread house every year and it would be dessert Christmas along with the millions of cookies Mom, Gram, Aunt Marilyn, and I baked!!!! Such a warm fuzzy feeling that just an aroma or a picture can conjure!!!

I hope this brings a fond memory to you also. Thank you for stopping and visiting with me today and hoping you take a moment or two to leave a comment!!! I love to read them and hoping your's will be the next one I read.

Christmas Blessings
Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne 

this was entered in the following challenges:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness