What's It All About

Saturday, December 13, 2014

I'm the Gingerbread Man

I'm sew excited - I was asked to be the Guest Designer this month at My Whimsical Little World and I get to share with 4 new releases with this being the second of the 4th and the 3rd this coming Monday!!!!! The Gingerbread Man became an adorable Post-it Note Holder for Rosie's Holly Jolly!!!




Recipe:
  • one (1) sheet 8-1/2 x 11 sheet cardstock cut 7-3/8 x 3-1/2 inches - you can get three (3) post-it-note holders from one (1) sheet
  • score at 3-1/8 inch, 3-1/2 inch, and 3-7/8 inch 
 
  • the 3-1/8 inch score part is the front of your post-it-note holder and the part that gets decorated and since I've made the mistake more than once, I put a little "x" to mark the front
  • fold at the 3-1/2 inch and make two (2) little cuts approximately 1-inch from either end making sure not to go through the score lines - this holds the optional pen 
  • use sticky tape on either end on the back side of your post-it-note holder (sorry bout the messy sticky taping)
  • glue to the back to form the fold-out for the optional pen or binder and it should now look like this:
  • use sticky tape to the back of a 3 x 3 post-it-note which can be found at any Dollar Store with 5 packs for a dollar!!!! and attached to the back of the post-it-note holder 
  • now comes the fun part - decorating!!!!! I used My Whimsical Little World Gingerbread Man which was colored with Prisma Markers and gel pen accents and fussy cut around the edge and DCWV Mrs. Claus' Kitchen cardstock for the background
  • one (1) charm (optional and only if pen has optional jump ring on cap was added to my pen using a mixer charm and secured the jump ring (these pens were found at JoAnn Fabrics and Crafts and were 3 in a package for a $1.00 at the check-out)(other pens can be found at your local Dollar Store 5 in a package for a $1.00 without the jump ring at the top)
  • and viola - insert pen through holder and you have a super cute, super easy post-it-note holder 
  • Stickles was added to Gingerbread Man's icing trim and of course his gumdrop buttons!

I'm addicted and will be sharing more with you later this week!

I thank you for stopping and visiting with me today and hoping you take a moment or two to leave a comment!!! I love to read them and hoping your's will be the next one I read.

Much love, hugs, and friendship

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness