What's It All About

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

A Little Valentine Note for You Zig Zag

I just discovered a new fold for a different style card and I'm in love with this super easy but looks funtastic!!! I followed the tutorial for the Zig Zag card here!!! Super easy to follow the steps and considering I have issues following instructions it was a great project for me to make my cards for the Valentine Card Swap!!!!




Recipe:
  • Supplies: Scor-Pal® 4¼” x 11” card stock (Recollection red cardstock for the base of the card)
  • 2 pieces of coordinating card stock or patterned paper (2½” x 4 1/16”, and 4 1/16” x 5 5/16”) - Recollection Valentine Chalkboard cardstock for background on the left side with Bo Bunny Star-Crossed Unlocked for the right side with both being chalked around the edges
  • stamps and ink for focal image, embellishments adhesive 
  • Step 1: Take 4¼” x 11” card stock, and score at 5½” …then move card stock ¼” to the right, and score at the 8½” marking (for an 8¼” score). 
  • Step 2: Fold card stock at scores to form a “Z”. 
  • Step 3: Adhere patterned paper, or stamp the coordinating pieces of card stock, adhere to the base. 
  • Step 4: Create focal image, and apply adhesive to ½ of it. 
  • Step 5: Adhere focal image at fold. Step 6: Stamp, and/or embellish to finish. (You may also use some type of embellishment to secure for closure). 
  • ribbon is Holiday Collection which was placed around the left side and then tied into a bow
  • Create with TLC Valentine Note for You sax was first cut using my 2.5 inch circle punch (it was a  birthday gift from my sweetie!!!) and then colored with Whisper Stroke Marker with a few heart-shaped Darice Gems
  • sentiment is chalked around the edges
How's that for a simple but yet very elegant card!!! I'm in love with this fold and style of card - be prepared to see more of these in the future!


I appreciate and love reading your comments . . is your comment the next one I read??? 

Much love, hugs, and friendship

4 comments:

  1. Love your card Is this mine??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! I love this card. I wondered what this fold was called. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great fold and fab combination of papers. Love this! xxD

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness