What's It All About

Sunday, September 28, 2014

WHOOOPIE - I'm on Anything But a Card Design Team with Steampunk as my First Challenge!!!!

WHOOPIE!!! I can finally tell you the marvelous secret that I have been holding inside - I'm one of the newest members of Anything But a Card Design Team!!!!!! 

For my first project the theme is STEAMPUNK!!! WOW!, What an amazing project theme as the definition of Steampunk is science fiction, fantasy and fictional historical tales set in an alternate Earth's 19th century where inventors made great leaps in technological advancement with materials like iron and brass and using steam engines for power. Today, this term refers to an alternate art style where artists create projects using gears and re-purposing objects and calling it art!!!

This week at Anything But A Card where the rules are simple - your project should be anything but a card with the theme being STEAMPUNK!!

For my Design Team project, I chose to use my embroidery machine with a design from Urban Threads called Clockwork Snowflake Ornament with the pendulum being keys from Miriam's Crafting Supplies added by using jump rings along with a small spoked gear charm.

Almost reminds me of Alice in Wonderland where I'm late I'm late --- and Alice with the keys to the different doors and now I'll be singing White Rabbit the rest of the day by Jefferson Airplane!!!!!! I was "geared" to be late as my embroidery machine and I were having this disagreement along with a kitten interaction who discovered she could turn the on/off switch on the serge protector which in turn jammed my machine which in turn broke several needles!!! I was sew glad that I found the correct "key" to solve the problem and get my project done "on-time"!!!!






RECIPE and SUPPLIES:
  • Clockwork Snowflake Ornament was embroidered using Madera gold, burgendy, and a moss green thread and water soluble stabilizer
  • all pieces were joined with a brad to make the clock hands moveable
  • hot glued a spoked gear charm covering the brad in the center from Miriam's Crafting Supplies
  • the pendulum was made by adding jump rings and two different keys also from Miriam's Crafting Supplies
  • a jump ring was added to the top to attach a Christmas ornament hanger to finish my project
My first Design Team Project along with my first Christmas Ornament made!!!!! Yippee!!! I'm sew excited and hope you like my project.

The Design Team consists of some very talented ladies whom I am sure you would want to visit their blogs to see their creations along with posting yours to Anything but a card.


I appreciate and love reading your comments . . is your comment the next one I read??? 

Much love, hugs, and friendship

10 comments:

  1. I am in love with this! Thanks so much for the shout out. I pinned it in my Pinterest. I bet you could make some good $ selling the pieces for this... wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miriam, how sweet of you and I really value your opinion!!!!! Thank you my friend!!!

      Delete
  2. I'm here to leave a comment for you to read. I just love this and your talent of embroidering and really, really want to do stuff like this. Oh some day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you my dear friend and I'm glad you loved my project!!!!!
    Thanks as always for inspiring me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Lynne!!
    Beautiful embroidery project, love it !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynne what a fabulous project! What a wonderful talent to be able to create such wonderful embroidery - I am certainly looking forward to seeing more of what your create and am so pleased you have joined us on the ABAC DT. Jennie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Lynne, this is tremendous! and so different. Thankyou for sharing it with us all at Allsorts this week, it is perfect for the Challenge. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whow how sweet Lovely. Than you for joining Brown Sugar Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - amazing embroidery and the pendant is so gorgeous! What a brilliant idea! And carried out so beautifully!

    Thanks for joining in our challenge at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card for our allsorts challenge Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness