What's It All About

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Congratulations Graduates

I'm a crafter of all sorts; but master of none as I do dabble - for today's post, I wanted to share with you a few bears that I had made for a dear friend from swimming and senior dance class, Kathy, who had purchased bears from Carol Wright and asked if I could personalize for two of her grandchildren that had graduated from High School this year - 

this is what I started with: 
Musical Graduation Bear
. . . and this my friends is the transformation with the personalization :



RECIPE and SUPPLIES:
  • original bears purchased from Carol Wright
  • bears are with school colors - black and gold for Thomas Jefferson Senior High School for Johnathan and purple and white for Baldwin Senior High School for Courtney
  • black and purple Casa Satin purchased at JoAnn Fabrics and Crafts using pattern from original bear for mortar board and gift sack
  • bears play "Pomp and Circumstance March" with musical button inside pouch
  • pouch was embroidered using my Brother Embroidery Machine with gold rayon thread for Johnathan's bear and white rayon thread for Courtney's bear
  • buttons and tassels in coordinating colors were added to mortar boards

I absolutely love the cute soft cuddly bears that were purchased with just minor renovations and hope you agree. Just goes to show how you can personalize purchases to make them your own!!!

and to all the graduates from the Class of 2016:

I appreciate and love reading your comments - is your comment the next one I read??? If you have any questions, you can contact me at hercraftiness@gmail.com.


Much love, hugs, and friendship

5 comments:

  1. Hi Lynne, this is a gorgeous bear - what a cute keepsake with such lovely personal touches. Thank you for joining in the fun this time at A Gem of a Challenge.
    Sue...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous keepsake!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Inspiration Destination this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello... Thanks for joining the 'Inspired by a Song' challenge with your lovely projects. Good luck in the draw and hope you will join us for our next challenge.
    Diane Louise (Team Leader, Crafty Friends Challenge Blog) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful bear----Thank you for joining us at Crafting With Friends
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous crafty creation! Thanks for joining in with a Gem of a Challenge this time!
    Hugs Lynsey x

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness