What's It All About

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Have a "Fairy" "Beary" Happy Birthday Jean.


Welcome and its my step-daughter, Jean’s, birthday today. I decided to make a shaped card for her using Treasure Box Designs Teddy TearBear along with Teddy Outfit Beary Fairy.



I love to make shaped cards by welding pieces together. Today, I decided to do a step-by-step tutorial today for those who would be interested in making a card similar to mine.

Recipe:
  • First separate all the pieces of your paper piecing into what you need to make your card. You do not need the paws, eyes, nose, and muzzle as part of making your card.  


  • Save all of the pieces before the next step that you have the actual size of the item to glue on the front of the card
  • Arrange the pieces into the bear shape. I look at the picture that comes with all Treasure Box Design paper piecing to make sure I get in the proper order and making it pleasing.  


  • After all the pieces are arranged, use the “select all feature” and then the “weld” feature to join the piecings. Do NOT use the “join” feature as it leaves openings where otherwise the pieces would be welded.  


  • At this point, I always save the single item that I have something to use for sizing for the clothing and/or features
  • Now, to make the card, use the “copy” feature and then “paste in place” to keep the items the exact same size. 
  • Separate the two items and select one of them to use the feature “mirror” as you want the card to be an exact copy when welding the two together.   


  • Line-up the two items and overlap them together to make your card.  


  • Use the “select all” feature and “weld” the items together.  


  • You now have a card
  • Cut the bear pieces and arrange and glue to front of your card
  • I then size the clothing to fit the bear
Supply List:

God Bless you and thank you ever sew much for stopping by today! I love reading comments and would love to read yours . . . .
Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne

7 comments:

  1. Thanks Lynne!! I'm going to try it. :-)

    ~Lara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see your projects as I'm sure they will be phenomenal Lara!!
      Much love, hugs, and friendship
      Lynne

      Delete
  2. OH wow Lynne this is super cute What program do you use to do all this joining ? Love your card!!
    Big Blog Hugs, Janet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Make The Cut for my program - thank you as I'm glad you liked my card - Jean did too!!!
      Much love, hugs, and friendship
      Lynne

      Delete
  3. Thank you so very much for the explanation on how to make this card !! I use SCAL 2 lets see if I can do it !! Love how you card turned out she is beautiful !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card and love the cute bear! Thanks for the tutorial too.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is SO cute and a great tutorial!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness