What's It All About

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Happy 16th Birthday Whitney Blog Hop


Welcome to Whitney's Sweet 16 Blog Hop!!

Today we are celebrating a vibrant, beautiful 16 year old young lady who is a gift from the Lord. What better way to celebrate your 16th birthday than with friends. So Rachelle has asked several of her talented crafty friends to help make Whitney's 16th birthday special. This hop is all about Whitney and we have been asked to make card to send to her to celebrate her 16th- all celebrating that special time in life when a girl turns 16. I hope you enjoy each project along the way as everyone has worked very hard to help make Whitney's day special. Be sure to leave a comment at each hop stop to win blog candy.

Grand Prize Winner will receive
A Crop A Dile~from our beautiful hostess, Rachelle
I Rock~also from our beautiful hostess, Rachelle
$20 dollar Gift Certificate to Scraptasticalkreations
Paper Piecing Piece set by Colleen of CBC Scrapbooking, winner's choice.
  

In order to be eligible for grand prize drawing please make sure you check out each blog and leave some blog love, also make sure you leave a comment and become a follower at Rachelle's blog.

Enjoy the hop!


If you've arrived from Beth, then you are in the right place!!  If you've just popped in to visit my blog or are reading this via email please go to Rachelle's blog and start at the beginning...

To celebrate Whitney's birthday I created........ a birthday card purrfect for a 16 year old that loves Skittles!!! I found a skittles jpg and made my own paper which was cut a bit smaller to fit on my lime green background. The “16” and shadow were created in Make the Cut. Ribbon and bow are from my “collection” drawer!!!



Whitney also loves God and I wanted to use my embroidery machine to make her a cross that is a dark purple but looks darker right now as it is not quite dry from dampening to remove the water soluble stabilizer.


Now you are on your way to the next party stop to see Angie’s card!

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Birthday Whitney! Here is the complete line-up in case you get lost with all the streamers and balloons!!!

Ellen CardMonkey
Kimberly (KPKre8tions) Pate 
Beth (M&Ddesigns) 
Kristy  

God Bless and thank you for stopping by
Hugs, Love, and Pixie Dust
Lynne 

15 comments:

  1. Oh how I love this! You ladies are so creative :) Thank You Lynne for being part of Whitney's "Special" Birthday Hop ~
    I love ya!
    Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card and I love the cross you made as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a beautiful cross you made for Whitney -- extra special, made with love, in His name for a blessing from Heaven. Your card is clever too -- I used Skittles as well in mine, but had to send the candy otherwise I'd eat it (nom, nom, nom). Ohhhh, to once again have the metabolism of a 16-year old!!

    Have a wonderful day!

    Fondly,

    Ellen ♥ CardMonkey
    www.cardmonkeyspaperjungle.com
    E-mail: cardmonkey@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. The is cross is so beautiful!!

    Veronica
    mommyscraftycreations.blogspot.com
    mommyscraftycreations at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. She loves her skittle card and says thank you for the beautiful cross.
    Hugs
    Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful card for Whitney!! You are so creative!! She will really treasure the cross you embroidered for her.

    It is nice to participate in the hop with you, Lynne!


    Happy Hopping!! ~Beth & Emily
    motherandaughterdesigns.blogspot.com
    e-mail: mddesigns_11@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the cross!!! It's absolutely beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is so yummy looking!! Love the skittles paper, what an awesome idea!! Your cross is beautiful, I'm sure that Whitney will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty card!! Stunning cross!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty card. Love the skittles image. Beautiful cross. So nice being in the hop with you.
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute card but I am totally in love with the cross. It is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it, and the cross really brings everything out, GOD is the answer and then she has the rainbow(skittles)
    love it

    awashingtontx34 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow I love the cross! I also love your skittles card! I also love the rainbow ribbon. TFS AJ~

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness