What's It All About

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Lucky Lucky Me -- My Friend Kimberly Pate is my Guest Designer

I am ever sew fortunate to have my buddy and facebook crafting chat buddy as my Guest Designer!!!! You have to check out how talented she is and I'm sure she is gonna WOW you away!!!!!


Today I have the honor of being the guest designer for my dear friend Lynne over at HerCraftiness.  I am so excited to share this cute card I made.   I am always looking for new and fun ideas to incorporate into my cards, and one day last week I found this great free svg file.  (I just wish I could remember where I found it). It took several attempts of cutting out this frame before I finally got it.  I am using a well used cricut mat so I had problems with the mat ripping in places it was not supposed to cut.  Such is life right? Once I got the mat cut, I glued it to the card stock card (6 x 6) and added the blue gems. This alone would have made a beautiful card, however, I wanted to add Ellie, this cute elephant.  Ellie is a paper piecing from Paper Piecings by Nikki.  You can find her web site here. Ellie is the elephant from the So Junglicious Pattern set.  What I love about paper piecing, as the designer, you can do so many different things with the pattern. It is all up to your imagination.  For instance, I did not want to glue on all her little toe nails, so I used a gel pen and colored them on.  I really think they they would look awesome when using some smooch. I hope you like Ellie, I think she turned out so cute.  I chose the elephant from this set because Elephants never forget, and she signify that I will never forget my friend Lynne. Here is Ellie . . .




Thanks Lynne for having me as your guest designer.


I thank you Kimberly for not only being my Guest Designer today but also, for being my dear friend and helping to keep all those stupid balls in the air!


Thanks for stopping by today my friends --- God Bless You


Hugs, Love, and Pixie Dust
Lynne

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness