What's It All About

Friday, October 14, 2011

Link to Pink

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month.  From October 1 -  October 14 some very talented ladies will be sharing their stories and/or showcasing some very special projects.


Today, not only do I have a fabulous designer for you but she is also a very dear friend who is the one that encouraged me to have a blog!!! I would like to introduce Kari of Purple Funtastick Creations.  Now, without further hesitation, here's Kari -


Thanks Lynne for having me as your special guest today and let me be able to bring something that is dear to my heart as well as yours: Cancer Awareness...My grandmother on my dad's side died of breast cancer and I have had several relatives die to other forms of cancer so this is special to me to bring awareness and prayer for hope for a cure someday...

I have been looking at all the cards made lately...and I am amazed at the talent!! one of the crafters I believe it was Theresa at The Scrapping Queen and I got to thinking ...what a great idea!! there are so many people who help people with cancer: love ones, friends, nurses and doctors and the like...and I know family especially feel left out when the one who is sick gets all the attention...so I thought hmmm....I need to make a card for that! and so I made a very simple one using the Karen Foster Cancer Scrapbooking Kit I got from Robert's Arts and Crafts and I love it...made several cards with it already and I plan to make a special LO later too.

Here is my card:


Recipe:
I love the stickers that came with the kit and so I used two of them for this card...first off I used white cardstock and then inked (brown stamp pad) the edges of the card (A2 size) then I cut the printed paper to fit and pasted and then I used a scalloped punch and inked that with brown ink too to give it an edgy look...then put the one sticker on it and then I popped dot the whole thing to the card. Then I embellished with a ribbon and put the other sticker which I embossed with silver on "My Hero" and cut it to stick to a litty itty bitty cardstock to fit the sticker and oh yea...stickled the ribbon pink but it barely shows here but you gotta know...hehe..and then tied it with the ribbon and made a bow out of it...then I stick some heart gems to that and then I sticked some self adhesive chocolate gems to the corner to give it dimension.

I love the printed paper gave me many color choices to play with and not just pink! :)

While I was fooling around with this it made me think how you have to wait sometimes at hospital and doctor visits. And I usually have my bible or book with me to kill time when I know I am going to be awhile myself. So I thought how about a bookmarker!!




This bookmarker was made with a paint chip in pink and red samples...hehe...I get these free from friends who work in the paint business and I don't promote taking them without permission.

Bookmarker Recipe:
This is not a great pic but you get the idea...I mostly embellished with an I-rock tool I got from my dear friend Susan Bermudez she gave me for my birthday....and I used the stickers (from the Karen Foster kit) for HOPE and then embellished with gems and flowers and fiber ribbons...so pretty!

Hope this inspired you today to think of those who needs encouragement and love! thanks for stopping by and be bless! :)

Thank you dear friend for letting me be a guest on your blog and don't forget to give the bloggy love friends! :)
Kari



Thank you Kari for such great projects!!!! I love how you use the paint chips for bookmarks!!! What a great idea!!


Please stop by Just Yolie, Just Create for further Links to Pink and an opportunity to link your own projects.


Well, thanks for stopping by today and please feel free to comment and give Bloggie Love to Kari for the funtastick job she did!!!


God Bless
Hugs and Love,
Lynne

2 comments:

  1. I just love all the projects you created...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful :) Love the bling!!! Thanks for sharing such an amazing set of projects.

    Happy Scrappin'

    Sue B
    http://susanascorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness