What's It All About

Monday, October 10, 2011

Link to Pink

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month.  From October 1 -  October 14 some very talented ladies will be sharing their stories and/or showcasing some very special projects.


Today's talented crafter is Janet from http://ladyluvbug.blogspot.com/ who has created this wonderful project for Link to Pink. I have only recently met Janet in this bloggie world, and I'm thrilled we have now met!!!


I was honored with this opportunity to create something special for the Link Up For Pink Event!


I have lost over half of my immediate family to cancer over the course of 15 years as well as a very dear friend.  My Mother age 67, my Father age 77, my younger Sister age 45, and my younger Brother age 54 all diagnosed with lung cancer and passed away within a year of that diagnoses. My dear friend was also diagnosed with both breast and lung cancer and did not survive even 6 months. I and my two sisters live with the thought that our turn could be next. 


I created this cute card to honor all those who Fight this devastating disease and to pay tribute to those who conquer and those who are taken from us.  Early detection is important to increasing survival so be sure to get your mammograms and physicals every year!




Recipe:
Base is White card stock. 5.5 x4.25
Mat is double sided card stock from Making Memories “Think Pink”
Whte card stock for the frame center cut with “Art Philosophy” cartridge
The Image is from Sweet Stamping Treats  “Tweets Hoping For A Cure - Digi Stamp Set”
A piece of pink ribbon, glossy accents and Prisma color pens to color the copy of the bird and popped it for a little dimension, and a little pink bling!


Hope you enjoy my creation and tribute.
Big Hugs, 
Janet


Janet what a cute card with such a strong message!!!! I'm sorry to hear for your loss. Thank you for being a part of this Link to Pink!!! Pink is the color of courage!!!!!



Please stop by Just Yolie, Just Create for further Links to Pink and an opportunity to link your own project!

Thank you for stopping by and visiting!
God Bless
Hugs and Love,
Lynne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness