- I chose today to color Sam which is a retired image from TheStamping Chef but you can use any image you would want
- Sam was colored using my Spectrum Noir Markers, Prisma Colored Pencils, and Gelly Pens. With my eyes, I color them first with the colored pencils with adding hi-lights with my Gelly Pens
- Next, I made using Make the Cut, an 8.5 inch circle along with a decorative 6.5 inch circle – these are the base for the rocker card
- The shapes were folded in half and glued together leaving the bottom circle open
- Sam looked like she would be sitting on something, thus I used my Cricut Heritage Cartridge and cut out the divan 3.75 inches along with the blackout feature.
- The divan has an opening in the cushion where I sat Sam’s butt and did a little more fussy cutting around her legs making it look like she was sitting on the divan
- My sentiment, “rock my world” was written using my Sakura Micro #3 pen which gives the look of calligraphy which I then chalked around the edges
- Next comes the fun part, embellishing – I used pearls from Miriam’s Crafting Supplies for the buttons on the divan and of course, Sam just had to have a simple “diamond” in her ear
Thursday, April 11, 2013
Rock My World . . . . . . Rocker Card
Hi everyone, it’s Tutorial Thursday at The Stamping Chef and I’m giving the recipe. For today’s recipe we’re going to be whipping up a rocker card. I love shaped cards and a rocker card is a free-standing card that rocks back and forth!!!!! It also brings to the point, that I am “off my rocker”.
Let’s get started, first here is your supply list:
2 sheets 12 x 12 paper for the card layers ( my card is an 8.5 inch card, the image you want to rock, various adhesives, decorations, and embellishments
Hope you enjoy today’s recipe and can’t wait to see on TSC’s Recipe page on FaceBook your version of a rocker card!
God Bless you and thank you ever sew much for stopping by today! I love reading comments and would love to read yours . . . .
Be sure to also stop at The Stamping Chef’s Blog and leave some bloggies love!
Much love, hugs, and friendship