What's It All About

Sunday, January 27, 2013

It's the Mad Hatter's Tea Party

Welcome to The Mad Hatter's Tea Party. If you happen to fall in the rabbit's hole you have landed in the wacky wonderful world of Alice where we're all mad here! The March Hare is scurrying and hoping you won't be late in attending and wishing our hostess a Happy Birthday!!! She does love celebrating  her birthday and what better way than to have a tea party with all of her favorite friends in this Wonderland!!!!

Now, sit back with your cup of tea, relax and enjoy this wonderful line-up:
  
There are some wonderful sponsors today to help us celebrate:


Rick St. Dennis has some fabulous digi's and he is offering three of these to one lucky winner. You can fine him at http://rickstdennis.blogspot.nl/
and he asks that you become a follower. 


The Stamping Chef at http://thestampingchef.oo.gd/index.php?route=common/home is offering 3 digis to help you cook up something special to one lucky winner

Treasure Box Designs at http://www.treasureboxdesigns.com/, is offering $15 in free files to one lucky winner by going to the Design Team Blog Page (http://treasureboxdesignteam.blogspot.com/) and following along with following on the FaceBook Fan Page (https://www.facebook.com/pages/TreasureBoxDesigns/169444103106015)

Here's my project which I hope you enjoy as I have made a journal using a notebook from The Dollar Tree where some pages are glued together to make pockets. Journal tags were added to the various characters as I didn't attach them all the way to include the tags. 

My cover of my book is "the looking glass" which is from Disney Happily Ever After Cricut Cartridge which is blinged up with gems and the shadow is prism paper to give the illusion of a "looking glass"



First page has "through the looking glass" which I created the lettering with Make the Cut, welded them together and then added a shadow. Paper is Recollections.



I love the Mad Hatter and he is the first character in my journal. He is part of the Treasure Box Designs Wonderland Collection. Instead of being part of a photo mat, I put him in the sugar bowl that the Door Mouse is included in this file. I found all of these wonderful quotes were found at Alice in Wonderland Memorable Quotes and Lenny's Alice in Wonderland Site. The wonderful paper is from DCWV The Heirloom Stack and the paper the Mad Hatter is on is Paper Adventures Paper Heart Dazzle Circles.





Of course, Alice Kingsley is our next page along with the bottle, "Drink Me" which was cut using Cricut Disney Classics Cartridge. Alice's quote that she uses a lot is "Curiouser and Curiouser" which of course, I had to use!!! Background paper is Paper Adventures Paper Heart Dazzle Circles. Paper piecings paper is Recollections.





The Queen of Heart is next to pay a visit with her famous quote, "Off with their heads!" along with a favorite of mine where the queen is asking for a pig for her aching feet. The pig is Treasure Box Designs Hogs and Kisses. The Queen is blinged blinged with jewels from Miriam's Crafting Supplies which has super great selection and super pricing! My background paper is hearts which I got in Target's Dollar bins.





Next are the cards with the background paper with the cards from DCWV The Heirloom Stack and then cutting some of the cards individually, spanning them around my quotes. 








The final page that I completed for today is the Cheshire Cat. My cat is on the sign post which I cut from Cricut Disney Classics. The background paper again, is Paper Adventures Paper Heart Dazzle Circles. I will be doing more pages at a later date and of course will share with you. 



Of course, there are more characters that are in my thought process that I want to work on and will be adding at a later date AND of course,  I will be sharing with you. I also want to put my cards from my friends last year and this year Mad Hatter will be put in my journal to keep!!! "Off with their heads!!! but not my friends!

Thank you for stopping and enjoying a cup of tea and perhaps crumpets with me! Your next stop along the party hop is Camille and I'm sure you will enjoy your tea as she is very talented or just follow the March Hare and don't be late for a very important date as I'm turning 61! Its my "unbirthday" ..... 

The March Hare suggested that I give you the line-up again just in case you get lost with the rhyming with Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum --- Don't be LATE!!!!! As it is for a very special date!!!!


God Bless you and thanks ever sew much for stopping by today and help me reach 400 followers as we shall P-A-R-T-Y!!!!!
Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne

I have entered this is the following challenge:
Lady Anne's Challenge

14 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!

    I LOVE your book!! It's amazing and all the characters are great.

    Thank you for allowing me to celebrate your special day!
    Jennifer F.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Lynne. I came here from Vicky's blog and thought I'd see what this blog hop was all about. Glad I did as you are sharing such a wonderful project. Love the Heirloom paper you have used - will need to keep an eye out for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending super happy and blessed birthday wishes your way!! What an ADORABLE journal!!! You are AMAZING!!! I'm so glad to be hopping for your b-day! Thanks Love!! Jenny A

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to a special talented friend. Sorry i am late to the party, but hope you had a great one! i love your journal! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning journal you have made with Alice and all the other characters! =)
    Happy birthday!
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW your journal is really turning out awesome Lynne. Love all of your little characters. Great job!!!

    Happy happy happy birthday!!!!

    Many hugs,
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow this is really awesome. Lots of work for making such a wonderful project. Really impressed. Happy b-day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! your journal is gorgeous! i love all the Alice in wonderland characters. This is a very unique and special journal. I love it. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! love the journal and it is so adorable...and have a blessed and happiest birthday every my dear friend! May you enjoy your tea and crumpets with your friends! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am late for that important date LOL 'I am the white rabbit'! I love love love your journal andt he piecings are so cute and awesome paper, I am nearly speechless! I hope you had a Tea-rifffic Birthday My friend! I am thrilled that you like your little treat it will be in the mail soon for you to enjoy!
    Extra Big Blog Hugs to you, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happiest of birthdays! Oh wow! Your journal is about the cutest thing I've ever seen. what fabulous work. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful journal! What a lovely way to tell the
    story of Alice in Wonderland. You have put so
    much work into it. Thank you for joining us at
    Lady Anne's (Nana Vic's) Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this! It's so darn cool! I'll be looking for mine in the mail. Hugs and happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a great book you have created. Thank you for sharing with us at Lady Anne's Challenges. I hope we see you again soon.
    Love ~ Lady Anne xx
    Lady Anne's Challenges

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness