What's It All About

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

The Bluebird for Happiness

When I go to the cabin, I prepare and pack to craft in the evening after dinner. I cut and score cardstock for my card, select images I want to work on along with sentiments to coordinate. Then I grab a few paper stacks for my backgrounds that would coordinate, ribbon, pearls along with the essentials, markers, glue, ATG gun, well, you get the idea and viola I become a card-making machine. Well the past weekend, I created a total of 10 cards!!! WOO HOO!!!!!

For this card, Paulette at Create with TLC upon occasion, offers a sentiment for free and then for the cost of $1.00 offers a coordinating image . . . you can't beat that for a super easy card without worrying about coordinating images and sentiments. My project was such a deal and easy to create . . . 




RECIPE and SUPPLIES:
  • Recollection blue cardstock cut to size A2 card
  • background was from my scrap drawer and chalked around the edges
  • Create with TLC Bluebird was colored with Spectrum Noir Markers and gel pens then chalked around the edges
  • Create with TLC "The Bluebird for Happiness - This merry little feather friend So Cheery, bright and blue, Because he brings true happiness, I'm sending him to you" sentiment was chalked around the edges and mounted on paper from the front to coordinate 

  • ribbon is Darice double-faced satin edged 1/2-inch wide on bottom tied into a bow
  • Martha Stewart Eyelet Border Punch was used under the ribbon with coordinating scrap paper
Thank you for stopping by to visit today. I appreciate and love reading your comments . . is your comment the next one I read??? 

Much love, hugs, and friendship

4 comments:

  1. Love the bluebird and the sentiment. Thanks for sharing this with us at Crafting with Dragonflies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Lynne thank you for joining us on our First challenge over at Inspiration Destination
    Hugs Dianne x (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Ten cards in a weekend! That's fab! Don't you just love Paulette's great offers? I'm with you there! This is so pretty and I really like the blues you've used. Simply a very pretty design. Thanks for joining my Dream Team and me for our current challenge. Hope to see you again and good luck!
    Ema
    Inspiration Destination - Owner

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous card thank you for entering our use a bow challenge at Ooh La La creations
    Alli x

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness