What's It All About

Friday, October 24, 2014

Create with TLC Progressive Challenge Image #6

Create with TLC had this phenomenal Progressive Challenge which was to kick-off World Card Making Day. She offered the first image if you request by email and upon completion, send finished project to her and she sends you the next installment and sew forth until you had a chance to collect a total of 12 free digital images!!!

Here's my card for image #6:




When I first started making this card, it reminded me of my dad. My dad was a super sharp dresser especially when it came to golfing!!!! It got to the point that my dad and my 2nd ex would have a competition as to being the "best dressed"!!!!!

RECIPE and SUPPLIES:
  • Recollection green Card Stock is the background of my card which was cut 6 x 12 inches
  • background is from my wonderful scrap drawer
  • Create with TLC 6 Golf Proof in the Putting Vintage was colored using Spectrum Noir Markers, Prisma Markers, and gel pens, rounded the corners and then chalked around the edges - had fun giving him a plaid sweater using my gel pen
  • sentiment on front, "Fore" your birthday" has rounded corners and was chalked around the edges
  • sentiment on inside, "Happy Birthday! Weren't you old enough last year?" has rounded corners and was chalked around the edges mounted on the same paper as my background paper from the front (reminds me of my dad's "warped" sense of humor which I'm delighted I, too, possess!


  • Cricut Everyday Paperdolls Cartridge was used to cut the hole flag (used gel pen to label as the 19th hole) and golf tee
  • golf ball is from my button stash
Thank you for stopping by to visit today. I appreciate and love reading your comments . . is your comment the next one I read??? 

Much love, hugs, and friendship

7 comments:

  1. I love this card. It is such a perfect male card. May I post a link to your card on my Manly Monday blog post? It's a post where I showcase masculine cards for my readers. Let me know if you want your card in the Monday post and I'll send you a link to it after it goes live. My email is grohcm at gmail dot com. Send a link with an email so I can find your card again.
    Thanks
    Cindy from cre8ivecindy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining us at It's all about the Vintage
    elma

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a good pun, and this is a hole-in-one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a fab man's card and I love the extra inking to distress it. Thanks for entering into The STamping Chef challenge and good luck. Tina DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great design! Thanks for sharing your fabulous card and joining us for our current challenge at Inspiration Destination. Hope to see you again and good luck!
    Ema
    IDCB Owner

    ReplyDelete

  6. thanks for joining the anything go Challenge from Iaspirtaion Destination.
    good luck and hope see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fun masculine card and I love the little golf ball, really adds texture! Thanks for joining us over at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness