What's It All About

Sunday, October 12, 2014

New Challenge Begins at Anything But a Card - Autumn Magic/Spring Wonder

It's a new challenge at Anything But a Card with the theme being that of Autumn Magic/Spring Wonder!!!! WELL, if you know me, you know this is my favorite time of the year and I guess I got over zealous and wait until you see what all I have created!!!!



For my first project, I have a little wall hanging using Nancy Halversen Such An Angel pattern booklet with a few adjustments to create my "Fall Splendar" Angel which believe it or not - hangs on the wall with a heart hook which holds a ceramic leaf button no less at a jaunty angel. Also look at the wonderful leaf buttons I used from my stash including the one glass leaf as part of her halo!



My next project is a Halloween Count-Down Calendar for Lily and Adam. Brace yourselves as I have actually staged my projects as I had started to get out my Halloween and fall decorations!!!



  • Create with TLC Days to Halloween Count Down Vintage was printed and cut to fit into a frame which was purchased at the Dollar Tree 
  • Cricut vinyl was used for the little spiders which were cut using Cricut Happy Hauntings Cartridge and numbers using the Alphabet from my Cricut Expressions 2
  • now, check out the back as I had used a piece of Recollections translucent card stock which was glued onto the top of the back as storage for the numbers not currently in use 



and finally . . . . 





here's a votive candle holder for not only for Halloween but also Thanksgiving which was made using the translucent cardstock and Cricut Vinyl and Home for the Holidays Fall and Winter Cricut Cartridge which were to be used for card fronts but thinking outside the liter box I thought these would make a great votive cup holder where each measure 4 x 3 inches and the translucent cardstock cut at 4.25, scored at 3.25 inches where I added taps to attach them all together - wait, it gets better . . . ready to see what they look like lit up??? 





what makes this even better - it folds flat for storage!!!!!
Thanks for stopping by today and can't wait to see your projects for Anything But a Card Autumn Magic/Spring Wonder Challenge!!!!

I appreciate and love reading your comments . . is your comment the next one I read??? 

Much love, hugs, and friendship

7 comments:

  1. All fabulous projects Lynne and I bet your house looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been on a roll.It took me forever to create just one.I love the votive/candle holder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! One theme and so many takes on it...Lynne. loved the cute leaf button. Whatan amazing idea on the countdown...All of them are superb.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lynne... Wow you and your Cricut have been busy crafters.... Love everything and your house is going to look spectacular with your new additions that you just made. Did you sew your wall hanging ??? I envy you, I'm not really a sewer but this is divine and what a clever idea for the Halloween count down. Wonderful inspiration !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your wall hanging - he is so darn cute and I am sure you will get many offers to give him space on their walls. Great to be working alongside you on Anything but a Card xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. My you have been BUSY! Wonderful work and such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Lynne, all of your projects are terrific ! The Halloween countdown calendar is fun. Thanks for including information on how you made your projects, too.

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness