What's It All About

Monday, November 7, 2011

Wedding Card and Cake

My talented daughter, Jean's, friend got married this past Friday night . . . it was a win/win situation as Jean is the most talented cake baker and had baked the cake, I got to watch the boys, and I got to create a card!! Like I said, win/win!


For the wedding card, I found this fantastic paper on the clearance of Pat Catan's that is a white satin with embossed roses. This paper was on clearance for 10 cents!!!! I then embossed the scrap paper with Cuttlebug hearts for on the bottom of the card. The Mr & Mrs is cut from Tie the Knot Cricut Cartridge at 1.75 inches and the buckle is cut from Fantastic Finds Cricut Cartridge at with the hot pink ribbon woven trhough. I cut the lace from a Martha Stewart punch. I added some bling with rhinestones on the embossed piece where the lace was attached. Now here is where I stumbled and couldn't figure out which card for Jean to give -- 






I found a beautiful verse for the inside on the internet and changed the wording just a bit - 




Now for the wonderful cake Jean baked - be prepared to be blown away!!!!




When making the card, I tried to incorporate the scallop, the buckle with the pink, black and white.....


Well, thanks for stopping by!!! Which card do you think Jean chose???


God Bless
Hugs and Love
Lynne

2 comments:

  1. THANKS For sharing all of the AWESOME INSPIRATION this weekend on the Blog Hop!! I have LOVED it all!!
    THANKS for the chances to win and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! love the cake and the card is beautiful!! I'm a new follower and can't wait to see more!! Love the Hello Kitty frame with adorable baby:) TFS
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness