What's It All About

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Exploding Thankful Prayer Box

Now, if you have traveled here for the Thanksgiving Blog Hop, please scroll down to the next post. If you want to take a gander at my "Exploding Thankful Prayer Box" I would be sew thrilled!!!

I am ever sew lucky to have a wonderful friend as Kari to still want me to be her Guest Designer. She is a beautiful sister and friend with a phenomenal blog that is definitely a must see! Please, take some time and check out her blog, and if you have been on Kari's blog, you know what I mean!! I must tell you that if it wasn't for Kari, I would never be blogging or posting my paper crafts. For this, Kari, I must admit I thank you more times than think "what have I gotten myself into! Seriously though, I do love to "showcase" my projects and hear what you have to think.

With that under my belt, sew to speak, I have created my version of an "Exploding Box" and call it a "Exploding Thankful Prayer Box". . .

Recipe: 
  • I found the cutting instructions to make not only the box for four (4) sizes but also the lid. This is the extra large size which measures 4 - inches and uses 2 sheets of 12 x 12 paper
  • I now make a "tent" sew to speak to add what I call my "prayer"


  • These "tents" are phenomenal to put gift cards or in this case, this was the centerpiece and I put slips of paper at everyone's place setting to write what they are thankful for and they are put in the "tent" for the following year and to start a family tradition which instead of everyone fighting, read what they were thankful for the previous year and add what they are thankful for this year.
  • The lettering was done using Making the Cut and I just love using a "heart" for the letter "O" when doing lettering. Lettering was cut in black with an ivory shadow.
  • On the four (4) sides, I placed various Thanksgiving pictures: Pilgrims (Thanksgiving Cricut Cartridge) turkey (A Child's Year Cricut Cartridge) and a dimensional pumpkin (Make the Cut) with adding another piece of paper for stability cut at 4-inches.has the words  
  • The lid of my box "Give Thanks" which was also my lettering using Making the Cut with the wording in black with an ivory shadow. 
  • To add a little bling, I cut dimensional flower using Accent Essentials with glittering paper and attached using puffy dots for added dimension.
  • The sides of my box lid are hot glued together for stability. I have also used brads at times to attach the sides of my box lid.
Thank you again Kari, for giving me this opportunity to be one of your Guest Designers!!! Be sure to stop on over and give Kari some bloggie love and be sure to express my thanks to her for this opportunity to showcase!!!

A Blessed Thanksgiving to all!
God Bless
Hugs and Love,
Lynne

6 comments:

  1. What a FABULOUS project!!! I've done these exploding boxes before and I know how hard they are! VERY WELL DONE!!! Good luck with the Scrappin' Chics Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your project!!!! Thanks for joining us at Scrappin Chics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so awesome Lynne...I really love it and the whole idea is a great one!!!
    Eva :0)
    http://evasscrapsncards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness