What's It All About

Monday, November 21, 2011

Happy Birthday Jerry

Well, Jerry's birthday was Saturday, but with the 2 blog hops, I didn't want to post his birthday card. To give you a bit of information about Jerry, he loves to play Angry Birds on his Droid --- did I mention that he turned 62 years old on Saturday and that he's my husband??? Guess, not <lol>


Well, as we know there is no cartridge or svg file for Angry Birds or the Pig King YET! I'll start with the Pig King -- he is a 4-inch circle with 2 - 2-inch circles placed for his ears and then I welded the pieces. The next circle is 2.5 inches which I elongated for the pig's snoot which is a separate piece which I attached with puff dots and added black rhinestone bling bling (well, he is the Pig King, isn't he?). I used my circle punch for his eyes with adding black dots in the center. Now, all the King needs is a crown which I had done a search on Make the Cut and found his royal crown and tipped it at a jaunty angle!!!


For the red bird, I used 3 Birds on Parade Cricut cartridge with a few modifications: I cut the first bird but using the shift which gives me the round shape. I traced the bottom part on beige cardstock and glued to the bottom of the red bird for his belly. I had cut the wings off the bird and shaped the one for the little comb on the top. As for the beak, I cut by hand 2 triangles and shaped them to give him an angry look and glued them on a white piece of paper for the inside of his mouth! Using the scissors, I cut a black tail and eyebrows to glue on. A little bit of shading with my Prisma pencils and googly eyes and we have an angry bird to attach with puff dots flying at the Pig King! SNORT SNORT SNORT (that's pig laughing at how old you are Jerry language)




The background was embossed with my Cuttlebug Swirl Embossing folder just to give movement and texture along with a few additional black lines!


The sentiment "you take the cake" is also from 3 Birds on Parade cut at 1.75 inches.


For the verse on the inside, I stamped "Happy Birthday" several times and then colored with my Prisma pencils.




Now, those who follow my blog also know that my daughter has the most amazing talent in cake baking and decorating and what's a special birthday without showing you Jean's cake ---




Did you sense a theme??? 


Hope you are loving this card as much as I had fun making and creating!!!


God Bless
Hugs and Love,
Lynne

1 comment:

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness