What's It All About

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving my Friends

It's Thanksgiving my very most favorite holiday. This is a time to reflect and to give thanks for our bountiful blessings! Thanksgiving gives me warm fuzzy feelings of Thanksgiving gone past when my grandparents were alive and Gram in the kitchen. She decorated the house with warm wonderful scents of pies and food. Too bad, this isn't scent blog and you could enjoy them with me!!! <LOL>! This Thanksgiving, I am going to remember those scents, memories, and love that was showered and not reflect on the negative which we sometimes do! I'm watching Sasha very early this morning and thought her and I would decorate the house with pumpkins, set the table, and have the house filled with wonderful scents of Thanksgiving present!


To be festive, I made the little 3-d pumpkin place cards from SVG Attic Fall Celebration Kit which by the way, is on sale!!! I cut the pumpkins from an orange from a pack and Sasha used the various embossing folders for the Cuttlebug to emboss each piece just to add some dimension!!!. Finished pumpkins measure 3-1/2 inches tall. Note to self, instead of rolling the brown paper per instructions, next time I make these I will add a cinnamon stick for the stem. Great little favor for the guests to take home not to mention a special Thanksgiving memory for them. The glue gun is a must to assemble them together. Add the little leaf with the the person's name tied with waxed linen and you have beautiful place cards to decorate your table!!!







As I sit here with my cup of hot cinnamon chai and prepare for today's meal and Sasha, not only do I reflect but I give thanks for what I have in my life as they are the true blessings! I will do my best not to reflect on the past with wishful thinking and tearful thoughts of what could of, should of, and would of. But instead reflect on the happy memories!!!  I wish you and yours a very blessed Thanksgiving with wonderful memories and scents. As to the place cards, you may not have the time to make them for this Thanksgiving table, but the funny thing, it will come around next year and you will have the opportunity to have them to create your own memories!!!


Happy Thanksgiving God Bless
Hugs and Love
Lynne

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful name pumpkins ! Beautiful sentiment ! Beautiful lady !

    MF.

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness