What's It All About

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Guest Designer: Faith Freeman

Thanks to Faith for being Guest Deisgner today. Her card just blows your mind! Here we go...


Howdy folks, I'm Faith from Faithfule Creations and am honored Lynne has asked me to be a guest designer here at Her Craftiness. In case you are new to me, or maybe in case I'm new to you, let me tell you a little about myself before I get to my project.

I'm the proud single mom of the world's most amazing children. I'm also the proud Auntie of some of the best nieces and nephews any Auntie could ever ask for. One of them I have the distinct pleasure of babysitting full time as well. I'm currently pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Fine Art with a Graphic Design emphasis and still haven't quite decided what I want to be when I grow up. I'm sure whenever that happens though, it will likely involve something crafty because I love to use this talent that God has given me. I've been scrapbooking since I was my oldest daughter's age but have only been altering things, card making, and doing other paper crafts for about the last three years.
When not busy with all the Mom/Auntie duties that occupy my days, I like to unwind with paper and glue. 


 Today I made this:



Rather than reinvent the wheel, I'll just send you to the source. This project is called the Tunnel Card and comes from a step-by-step tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers. I much prefer the video tutorial though and have included it at the end of this post. 
 All of the paper came from the Mariposa stacks form DCWV and I used my Spellbinders dies in lacy and classic circles and the newest butterfly set...I'm sorry I forget what it's called. 
 I also used a Martha Stewart double edged punch, but I don't know what it's called either sorry. 
 The stamp on the outside of the card is from the Crafty Friends set by K Andrew Designs Art Stamps available here
The interior stamp is one from Verve. You can visit their store here. I believe the sentiment used is from the Because of You set.
This was a very fun card design to make, I will do it again in the near future as well. I hope you enjoyed it.  


I also hope the person I'm sending this card too enjoys is as well. It's for someone who has touched my life more than she will ever know. Her name is Hilary Weeks and she's an LDS musician. Her newest song Beautiful Heartbreak hits home for me in countless ways, but this is not the first time Hilary has sung something that I knew the Lord had her do JUST for me. Anyway...as promised here is the video tutorial for the tunnel card.




Again, I'd like to thank Lynne for having me as a guest designer. It's always so fun for me!

No thank you Faith for such a wonderful card! Until tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. What an awsome tutorial!!! Hugs Alesia scrapaholicaef@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card. thanks for the instructions and tut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! Thank you Faith for a fabulous purrrfect project!!! I love it along with the tutorial!
    Hugs and Love, Lynne

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness