What's It All About

Friday, July 29, 2011

God's Promises Faith Blog Hop

Welcome to the God's Promises Faith Blog Hop. If you arrived here from Vicki, you are in the right place. If you just arrived at my blog, you should go to Paper Tree House Studio in order to start at the beginning. Every month a group of brave women get together to showcase the Glory of God. This month we want to showcase His faithfulness during trying times, so kick back, relax and let the Lord touch your heart with His Truth!

Did you know that there are 1260 promises in the Bible? I did not count them myself, but am blown away by the fact that each and every promise the Lord gives, He is faithful to fulfill. It is pretty easy to believe this when times are easy and abundance surrounds our lives, but is that the same when trouble hits?

The Bible says that our hearts are deceitful above all things and then it adds WHO CAN TRUST IT? Have you ever considered that maybe the reason why we dont trust God is because we spend more time looking at how big the waves in our lives have become and forget that God created the entire UNIVERSE with just His breath... Think about it, the Lord spoke the ENTIRE World into existence... the only thing created that was made with His hands was man and woman. That is why He says that if He provides for the birds and the plants, how much more to His children? You are precious to the Lord and He will not fail you, even when it feels He might.

In this hop you will read the stories of women like you that have faced trouble and probably even lacked the faith to believe in the miracle the Lord performed at the very end! Our prayer is that you would open your heart to the Truth found in these promises and that you would even share with us what God has done in your life. Your victory may become our hope... :)

During the hop you will find many chances to win prizes! All you have to do to be considered for one of those prizes is leave a comment and become a follower of the blogs you will hop through. For the Grand Prizes , make sure to leave a comment, become a follower, and "LIKE" Paper Tree House on Facebook. This will allow you to find out about future hops we will be having.

Here are the brave women that dared to share their stories:

Paper Tree House - http://mypapertreehouse.blogspot.com/
Nana - www.youniquereflections.blogspot.com/
Tammy - http://www.fromme2upapercrafting.blogspot.com/
Susan - http://susanascorner.blogspot.com/
Jennifer E. - www.createoften.blogspot.com/
Candy - http://www.sweetstamper.com/
Amanda - http://asjmade.blogspot.com/
Wendy - http://wendyscrappings.blogspot.com/
Nicole - http://scrapmethis.blogspot.com/
Jessie - www.scrapbookingmiami.blogspot.com/
Diane - http://dianemarra.typepad.com/
Vicki - http://mawmawsthoughts.blogspot.com/
Lynne Kirsch - http://slasewcraftiness.blogspot.com/
Carolyn Phillips - http://messmuddleandfun.blogspot.com/
ScrappyZeni Pradel --- www.scrappyzeni.blogspot.com/



Grand Prizes:


Stamping Things: The Topper Ink Pad Holder - http://www.stampinthings.com/​stamp-pad-holder.html
Paper Tree House Studio: Exclusive PDF file tutorial for Mini-Book Taught at CHA.
K Andrew Stamps: Stamp Set
Tombow: Grand Adhesive Set


****

God's Fulfilled Promise in my life:


One of my very most favorite Bible stories since my youth has been Noah's Ark with the promise that God would never destroy the earth with water again. I always found this story very comforting when my Grandmother would read it to me and later in life, I started to collect all things Noah's Ark including making dolls and quilts commerating God's promise.

For my project, I wanted to share my love of the story, by writing my own version of the story while depicting with my Cricut to give as a present to my new granddaughter, Lily. The words are my own but a compliation of not only the scripture but also the little song of "Noah Built the Ark" which learned not only from my Grandmother but also many years of church camp but time got away from me with my being in the hospital.


With this being said, onward and forward . . .


At this point, I was going to bow out but have resorted to "Plan B" as this Bible Story and God's Promise is very important to me and gives me fond memories of sitting with Gram and all those times at church camp at Jummonville in Uniontown, PA where we would sit at the base of the giant cross and hear the stories of God's Promises of love.


"Plan B" is a quilt that I had made for a baby's gift. I am a quilter from way back and had originally learned to express my self with fabrics and threads. It has only been recently that I had started with the card making and scrapbooking with the Cricut after having fallen and shattered my left arm. I still do some quilting but not to the extent that I had previously. I must tell you that I am not the conventional quilter as I love bright colors and go the extra --- this is a self-drawn applique pieced center with these adorable funky animals set in the attic windows. I had machine-pieced and machine-quilted this quilt. I do find that I make a lot of Noah's Ark quilts as baby quilts just to tell them the story that I have enjoyed myself from childhood to my adult years and find comfort and peace when piecing Noah's story with God's promise together which is why I felt the need to share them with you.





Thank you ever sew much for stopping by and I will finish my intended project for later. I do have 2 notecards to give as "candy" if you leave a comment and become a new "follower".

Your next stop on the hop is Carolyn Phillips - enjoy!!!!



God Bless
Hugs and Love,
Lynne

11 comments:

  1. This quilt is just beautiful Lynne... glad we got to see it!!!!
    hugs.. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, just so beautiful you've made the quilt.
    Thanks so much for sharing!

    God bless,

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This quilt is beautiful. Every baby needs a Noah's Ark quilt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always loved the story of Noah too! the quilt is beautiful. Im a new follower
    kacee
    youhadmeatscrap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Noah came to my mind at first also for this hop but I could not do it justice. You certainly did. I have made quilts also and love batiks. Those rich colors remind me of Joseph's coat. I am glad that you shared in this hop and am sending prayers for good health.

    Happy Scrappin'

    Sue B
    http://susanascorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable quilt! Absolute talent - thanks for sharing it and your wonderful post today! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt is adorable!! My kids have a gorgeous one made by my MIL that is just wonderful and they (the kids) love to talk about God's promise whenever we get a couple weeks of rain. :)

    ~Thanks, Esther
    esthert119(at)yahoo(dot)ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Noahs ark is a great story, love it, your quilt is very pretty. Very talented. I am a new follower.
    mexicopetshop at hotmail dot com
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That quilt is gorgeous and like you, I love color!! I think Noah has a special place in everyone's heart..

    transport7800@aol.com
    http://mawmawsthoughts.blogspot.com/
    follower

    ReplyDelete
  10. HOLA TÙ TRABAJO ES HERMOSO ... LASTIMA NO COTAR CON LA CRICUT PARA REALIZAR BELLOS TRABAJOS ...BESOS Y BENDICIONES DESDE cHILE

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness