What's It All About

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Ashliana's Birthday Party Invitations

First off, I would like to say with pride -- Ashliana, my 10-year old granddaughter is having her 11th birthday party this month. Now, for this, Ashliana made these invitations with a little supervision!

The invitations themselves were cut from the Plantin cartridge at 5-inches. From there, we used the Make the Cut for the words and shadow for "its a party". The party hat was cut from one of the pre-loaded cartridges on my E2 with a little flower for the pom pom.

Now, with this being a bowling party, we used the "strike" svg from My Scrap Chick http://myscrapchick.com/paperpiecing1.htm It is an adorable, easy to cut file. We did use a marker though for the stripes on the bowling pin rather than using the tiny little pieces! She wanted it to be boingy!!! This was achieved by adding a strip of paper glued on the one side of the card and attached the "strike" that it actually bounces when the invitation is opened! I had an invitation stamp which was stamped on the inside for her to put the information for the party!!!

I hope you enjoy and let me tell you that kids love to craft and with little supervision have a great time with the cricut!


God Bless
Hugs and love,
Lynne and Ashliana

2 comments:

  1. OH M GEEEEE!!!!! I love this card and the paper is the best! Thanks for sharing it!

    Happy Scrappin'

    Sue B
    http://susanascorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi..I am absolutely in love with the STRIKE part of your bowling card. I work with two developmentally disabled individuals who both love to scrap and these are guys!! They are both in Special Olympics and I would love to have those to put on their pages.. I do not have access to use SVG files so is there any way I could convince you to sell me two of them?? You can contact me at transport7800@aol.com. Thank you for considering my request..Vicki

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness