What's It All About

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Note Cards

I felt honored and thrilled that my dear friend and sister, Kari, has asked me to be one of her Guest Designers for party today as she has reached 200 followers! Thank you Kari and I promise you won't be disappointed! Don't forget to go over and check Kari's party out at
http://purplefuntastickcreations@blogspot.com/ !!!!

I love to make note cards! Now, this is not something that I had particularly planned on doing but instead when I am cutting a card with my Cricut with 12-inch paper, I simply make an extra card and put it in a box for future use! I normally use my A Child's Year with cutting my cards as there are sew many possibilities with that card.

Now, another thing that I do is re-purpose an odd item for most. Those reams of paper that you purchase how they have on the front page all the colors that are included in that pack - well, I cut them apart and put them through my Cuttlebug with different embossing folders and then they also get put in the box with the wayward card.

Also, I know that many times, I have cut out an object that I just love and its easier to cut 2 as much as it is to cut one and you guessed it - it goes in that surprise box! One other thing is when I print a digi, I also print 1 or 2 extras for the nights I have trouble sleeping, coloring is actually very relaxing and again it goes in this box! The purrrfect box is one of those photo boxes you can purchase at Michaels or JoAnn Fabrics just to name a few places.

Now, on days those creative juices just aren't flowing, I open my box and viola I have a lot of pretty little things that just need to be made into a note card. I have a couple of samples here with the digi being "Annie's Card" from Tiddly Inks (she has adorable kid type digis) and stamped on the card "So Sweet" and used the little color samples that have been embossed for the background!

Now, the other two notecards have the "toothfairy" from A Child's Year with the words "Dream" and "Wish" with just a few bling bling rhinestones! The paper that was used with the fairies was from a ream with a super large print that you wonder, whatever shall I do with that piece of paper --- well, its a purrfect notecard.


Now, what I do with my notecard creations is that the nursing home that my parents had resided in there are a few special residents that I still visit that were near and dear to my parents. They love to send little notes to family and friends and this makes a wonderful gift to take to them with a little ribbon tied around them. They now have the option as to whether to use it as a note card or a special birthday wish! They are sew appreciated as it is something they no longer have the opportunity to go out and purchase plus it fills that problem what can I take to someone in a nursing facility!!!

I want to thank Kari once again for asking me to her party and I hope you enjoyed my note cards!

God Bless
Hugs and Love
Lynne

1 comment:

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness