What's It All About

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Paper Doll Flip Flop and Rose

Well, this project has a dual purpose - not only is it for a challenge, but also for my partner in RAK (Random Acts of Kindness)! I love when a project has muliti-purposes . . . sew its Flip Flop time again!!! Well, maybe not but I do love my flip flops! The Paper Dolls are having another link up challenge - Monday Week 7 Challenge 3D Flowers with not only the instructions on a pdf file but the svg cut file for the flowers and did I mention its FREE! Their link is on the right side. Bear in mind that I'm not a flowery type person but I do love this flower and it is amazingly simple but looks phenominal! And just how purrrfect is that rose decorating my flip flop?


All files were cut using the free svg files from The Paper Dolls! The paper used is from DCWV Flower Shower Spring Stack which does have a nice sparkly flowery type paper which I have used previously for cards but now realize how kewl it looks as summery flippy flops!!! This brand of flip flops, I am calling "sweet"! I used some rhinestones for the center of the rose on Pat Catan's clearance table for a quarter!!! Now, how sweet of a deal is that?

Hope you enjoy this fun project as much as I had fun making it!!!
God Bless
Hugs and Love
Lynne

17 comments:

  1. Lynne, this is 'SEW' cute!! You should link it up in the Getting Cricky Simply Sunday Challenge... It's a 'Fashionista' theme!! Please let her know that I sent ya!! :)

    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
    Getting Cricky DTM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool flipity flop box. I am a fellow participant at "Getting Cricky".

    Precious Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! I LOVE the rose!
    Thanks for playing along with Getting Cricky!

    JulieK- GCDT
    http://jk-littlebitofbling.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea. I love the project. Good Luck!
    Thank you for playing our Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky.
    Hugs :),
    Kathy - Getting Cricky DTM
    http://the3esblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so adorable! I love the paper you used and the rose is awesome! Thanks so much for linking up at Getting Cricky's Simply Sunday Challenge!

    Lisa
    Getting Cricky Guest Designer
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this, great job, the shoe is perfect, can you make one in an 8.5?
    Thank you for playing with us this week
    Becka
    Getting Cricky DTM
    Creations With Becka

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute and love the paper. I am also entered in the Sunday Challenge over at Getting Cricky... Good Luck...
    Blog:http://lovethatexpressions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow.. that is soo cool love it. That flower looks awesome!!

    Thanks for playing along with us at Getting Cricky's Simply Sunday Challenge.

    Kathy
    GCDTM
    www.scrappingfelkatz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lynne this is a very cool box! I can think of a few little girls who would love to get something like this :) TFS and joining us at Getting Cricky this week!
    ~Hugs~
    Becky - Getting Cricky DTM
    www.squirlygirlcreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fun fabulous. I love projects with a purpose too. Your RAK will love it I am sure
    Thanks for joining us on Simply Sundays at Getting Cricky.
    Hugs
    Brenda
    I would be honored if you came to see my blog here

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so adorable! your blog is gorgeous too. I love the colors you chose. I'm your newest follower. Please stop over at my blog if you get a chance.
    Hugs, Jenni
    http://mylollpopgarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a great project! Nicely done! I too played along with the Getting Cricky Fashion-ista challenge and had so much fun! TFS

    Hugs,

    Lynda
    http://lyndascreativetouches.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is adorable!!! I love flip flops and this just makes my day. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey, Lynne!! :)

    Just rolling back by to say HI!! I'm so glad you linked this up -- It's so awesome!! :)

    Thanks so much for sharing your "Fashionista" talent in the Getting Cricky Simply Sunday Challenge this week!! :)

    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
    Getting Cricky DTM

    ReplyDelete
  15. How cool is that to use two files from the blog! I love it! Totally cute! Thanks for joining us over at the Paper Dolls challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You won Paper flowers from the Paper Dolls challenge! Please contact us at contactpaperdolls at gmail dot com with your address to claim the prize! If we don't hear by Sunday, we'll pick another winner! (got posted Wed night :)

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness