What's It All About

Monday, July 18, 2011

If You Obey All the Rules You Miss All the Fun!

I must have been abducted by aliens . . . for those of you who are just beginning to know me and those who know me from quilting, there are a few things that Lynne DOES NOT DO --- first, pastels - what are you talking about, they don't exist, the brighter the better and then the biggest faux paux is I color outside the lines (Or some have said, think outside the liter box)!!!! But, I guess there is a first for everything and you are the witnesses to this!!!! When, I was just browsing around I found a new blog that I haven't seen before (can you imagine that!) and they are having a layout challenge - ok, get up off the floor and get over the shock! I thought, I can do this (will wonders ever cease?) and this is my very first lay-out let alone following directions!!!!!!

On Facebook, I had gotten a come check me out from The Scrapholic and I checked out her blog and loved it!!! and that is where I found the layout challenge. I know, I'm still in shock too especially when I said I can do this!!!!

Without further adieu may I present my layout card challenge!!!


Yes, there are pastels and shocking even more-sew is that I didn't use A Child's Year to cut my card but my everyday paper cutter!!! Ok, I didn't want to throw you off too much, I did use the cartridge for the 2 girls holding hands and surprise - they are pastel too!!!!

The stamps were appropriate and basically what dictated the card (I guess you could say the card spoke to me) --- on the front is "we do not remember days . . . we remember moments" and my apologies to the author as even with reading glasses, I cannot give credit where credit is due.

On the inside is quotes from both Victor Borge (who my parents loved and adored, they even on lp's with him!) "Laughter is the shortest distance between two people" and another great is Katherine Hepburn "If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun"

Now, that is what I call words to live by!!!!

Well, stop on over at The Scrapoholic to check out the other challenges or participate in this one or better vote/like mine! If you decide to participate in this challenge, be sure to let me know and I can post your challenge too!


I hope I haven't floored or shocked too many!

God Bless
Hugs and Love
Lynne

5 comments:

  1. Your card is very cute ,Lynne. I love the sentiments.I've have a hard time with challenges. My Husband calls me a "Free Spirit " I think I'm just a rebel. You've done an awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW I love your blog. Your words are cracking my up. I'm just oppisite of you. Everything has to be inside the lines and random does NOT exist in my world. (unless the guys get a hold of it and I can't change what they've done).
    Thanks for your wonderful comments and participating in My Cricut Craft Room's Cancer Blog Hop. I will post the Blog Candy Winner on Tuesday so please check back. Just a reminder, Erica will be hosting the 100 Cricut Cartridge blog hop on Aug 6th and 7th. I will be featuring a project from Kate’s ABC’s.
    Thanks for Hopping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card! Welcome to the Creative Kuts creative team. I can't wait to see your creations. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable card! Thanks for entering in the Scrapoholic's weekly sketch challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! Welcome to Kreative Kuts!

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness