What's It All About

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Birthday Blessings Sally Blog Hop

Happy Weekend!!!! If you are here for Her Craft Kre8tions Thankful Blog Hop, please click here . . . OR if you have an extra moment or two, take time to check out my birthday card for Birthday Blessings to Sally Blog Hop!!!

Welcome to Birthday Blessings to Sally Blog Hop. Today is Kimberly Pate's mother's birthday and it was thought to honor and cherish her mother by having a blog hop. All card will be mailed to Sally in care of Kimberly.

Birthdays are a blessing especially if it is someone special. God grants blessings by giving us special people to honor. Kimberly Pate is a wonderful loving caring person which I am sure is due to the wonderful parenting skills of her mother Sally. So, let's see how our wonderful group wishes Sally a happy birthday and if you would like to wish Sally a special birthday greeting - you too can send a card to:

 Sally
c/o Kimberly Pate
P.O. Box 166
Peru, NE 68421

There is a wonderful line-up of birthday wishers:


We have a special sponsor today to help us celebrate. She asks that you remark on everyone's site along with wishing Sally a very special birthday blessing! Then, head on over to visit her Facebook store at: https://www.facebook.com/MiriamsCraftingSuppliesJust like her page, leave a comment that you came from this hop and you will be entered to win ten sets of half pearls and/or rhinestones of your choice!

If you have arrived from Kimberly then you are on the right birthday trail. If you just happened to stop and visit me, I am truly blessed and happy that you have but would love for you to follow the complete hop by starting with of course with Kimberly at http://scrappingrookie.blogspot.com



For my birthday card for Sally,  I have made a card incorporating I Love Sketches by Tsunami Rose for November 15, 2012 using Sketch # 20 with of course a twist of Lynne!!! Would you expect anything less????

Recipe:
  • card was cut 6 x 12 - inches using LeTres Chic and then folded in half using my Martha Stewart Score Board
  • background was cut  5.75 x 5.75 inches using 8.5 x 11 Vintage Printable Digital Scrapbook Paper - "Floral Motif" Pink
  • both my card and background were then inked in blue and used a corner punch to soften the card some
  • My Scrap Chic Easter Cross was cut at 4-inches using navy, I Love Sketches by Tsunami Rose September 2012 (30 Card Sketches) Plus 2 Free Scrap Printable Paper (amazing how the color differs when you are running out of ink!!)
  • butterfly in upper right hand corner was made for me by a special friend since I admired the butterflies she makes
  • Bible was cut at 2.75-inches using Cricut Heritage Cartridge which was then inked with "Birthday Blessings" hand-written across the center
  • the beautiful antique button was given to me by another friend as I love buttons ... I must admit, I hated to use this button but it appeared to be the purrrfect compliment to finish my cross


Your next stop along the way on our birthday blessings is Lisa.

Much Love, Hugs, and Friendship,
Lynne

12 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Sally. And many more. i love your card, Lynne...the embellishments are great. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card as always Lynne,and I love that youu are designing for Daisy.I did for two monthe but my office is right here at this computer and I have an :Industrial type scanner,printer,faxer and it only prints black and white.My dh printed the designs at his office the two times---and not on card stock---but that gets old for him I am sure.Any
    suggestopns for a moderate price color printer.Enough rambling.I love you card.
    Hugs, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynne, your card is beautiful. I love how you used the bible for the sentiment. Nicely done. So you do things with a twist> Does that make you a "Twisted Sister?" LOL I am sure Sally will love your card, as well as the love you showed by giving it to her. tfs Tami

    Tambos Creations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been told that I have a "twisted sort of humor" does that count . . . .
      I'm glad you liked my card!!! Thanks for being part of the hop.

      Delete
  4. your card is very beautiful! happy birthday Sally!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. What great details and beautiful theme.

    Melissa
    iamapapermaniac.blogspot.com
    scraplady202@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Lynne. Beautiful just like you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! that is so beautiful Lynne
    Blessings
    Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday To Sally.

    marg0006 at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete

  9. As always your card is just beautiful. thank you for taking part in this blog hop. I cannot wait to share the cards with my mother.

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness