What's It All About

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Tutorial on Designing a Card as Project Guest Designer for Tsunami Rose

If you happened to be visiting for the Family Blog Hop, take an extra sip of coffee, tea, or brandy and check out my project today for I Love Sketches by Tsunami Rose Project Design Team. If you're off in a hurry, please click here for the direct link for Family but hope you have the chance to stop back and visit when you have some more time!!!!

Welcome - I'm sew delighted you came to visit today as I have a card which I have created using paper and elements from Tsunami Rose.  

I just want to say that one of the wonderful aspects of being part of the Tsunami Rose Design Team are the sneak peaks we get from all of Daisy's marvelous designs. Beginning November 1, 2012, Tsunami Rose Designs will begin selling the first ever, Life Abloom Printable Journal. This is one stunning design you will not want to miss. When you purchase a printable from the Tsunami Rose Designs Shop, you are purchasing a high-quality digital image that is printable on any type of printer. What is really superb, once you purchase the design you and use it as many times as your desire. I promise, the Life Abloom Journal Kit is one design you will not want to miss. To add to the fun, the first 20 people to purchase the journal will get an additional free $5 to spend in the Tsunami Rose Design Shop.

First, I must tell you that my card making style could be considered Funky Shabby Chic ... I don't usually follow the rules and always add my own twist!!!

I was asked to use a paper in her store called planks and my design went from there. As a rule, when I don't have a sketch, I go rummaging through my papers, embellishments and find things that "talk" to me and create from there ... 


  • The sentiment used on my card is a scripture from the Bible, "A sweet friendship refreshes the soul!" Proverbs 17:9. The sentiment was placed onto a label cut at 2.25-inches using my Cricut Lacey Labels Cartridge!!! Now, I must tell you that this cartridge is my "must go-to" for almost all of my card-making adventures with the versatility and a phenomenal place to stick that sentiment!!! Some blue flowers with pearls added to the center were put on opposite corners. Sentiment was added to my card with puff dots for that added dimension!
  • My card was cut 6 x 12 - inches using a blue card stock from www.coredinationsFoundations.com and then used my Martha Stewart Score Board, folded my card in half. I then used a rounded corner punch to round my corners for a softer look
  • My background paper was cut 5.75 x 5.75 inches paper using 8.5 x 11 Vintage Digital Printable Scrapbook Paper - "Banner Planks" Blue which I also rounded the corners and then inked the edges with a royal blue
  • The fairy in the upper left corner was added and are 3 x 3 Printable Epherma "Fairies" which was also inked in blue. Now, it needed a little bit of sparkle where I added tiny little bling bling (techinical term) stones in her crown, pansies, and bottom of her wand where she touches the blue flowers with pearl centers added for magic!

  • My Martha Stewart Eyelet Border Punch was used and then added Ki Memories Checked ribbon to the one side and attached approximately 1-inch from edge of my card
  • Upper right corner is using "Vintage Flower Printables #1, the Forget-Me-Nots as I don't want my friend to forget me. Yellow pearls were added to the center for that extra "bling"! To finish my circle, I tied a white bow and attached to my card with puff dots!!!


I encourage you to visit and check out her sketches by joining her challenge and/or visiting her Facebook group! You can also visit her on I Love Sketches by Tsunami Rose and become a follower. You will become addicted and rise to the challenge!!!

Please make sure you check out my Design Team sisters' cards as well and see how they meet Daisy's Sketch Challenge!.  I know you won't be disappointed as there are changes now with different design teams! 


Design Team:
Daisy
Ultima Linda Gold
Susan Patten
Veronica Meras
Marla Howell

Monthly Project Design Team:
 Lynne

YouTube Design Team:


God Bless You and Thank You for Visiting Today. 
Be sure to stop back on a daily basis 
to see if I am able to meet the challenge 
of a card a day!!!! 

Much Hugs, Friendship, Love, and Creative Pixie Dust,
Lynne

1 comment:

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness